Complaint Review: GMAC Financial

• Updated: Thu, November 19, 2009

• Reported By:Cato New York
GMAC Financial
www.gmacfinancials.com Internet U.S.A.

GMAC Financial Claims told husband, Gap Insurance covered the difference of total loss claim/Insurance deductible Minnesota Internet

*Author of original report: Just another comment

*Consumer Comment: GMAC GAP problem as well

Car was total loss. WE did every thing we were told to do. Per the Progressive Insurance company. We also contacted GMAC FInancial. They told us not to pay the monthly payment; due to the accident, prior to due date. That they would include that in the final total. The Insurance company paid all but 1300.00; we asked about why?Insurance deductible. We were told by GMAC Financial; believe it to be the claims department; that not to worry, the gap insurance would cover the difference. Now we are being harrassed that we owe it by the credit department. We have copies of everything including the letter from GMAC to Progressive releasing the lein to the Insurance company and saying it was satisfyed. Yet , they are telling us , we still owe; Now it is on our credit report. These departments do not communicate. There are so many departments and different locations. I quess it will take us to get an attorney to get this straightened out. We feel we should be compensated for the defamation of character as well. We would love to hear if any others have experienced the same and was it resolved and how? If not, can a attorney help all of us ?
Thanks for listening.

Mary
Cato, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC-Financial/internet/GMAC-Financial-Claims-told-husband-Gap-Insurance-covered-the-difference-of-total-loss-cla-404003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC Financial

Just another comment

AUTHOR: Boiling - (U.S.A.)

They kept calling my husband at home and at work, threatened to put on credit report etc..My husband paid it anyway to get them off our back. Either that or pay for a lawyer..( I would have hired a lawyer ).

WE WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER LOAN THROUGH GMAC..They don't care about the customer, we pay faithfully, one department tells you one thing, another does another..Meanwhile, roll over and take it, putting it nicely.

I wish you well if and who ever has the same problem, I would be very interested if you get a lawyer and knowing the results, if we would have won..

Sincerely wishing you the best..

Mary

GMAC GAP problem as well

AUTHOR: J Dotson - (USA)

Hello,

My wife is having a similar situation with GMAC and GAP. I am starting to see a pattern here. I think GMAC and GAP are working together to collect these final payments as a form of recuperating some of their loss.

My wife also totaled her truck and my insurance company paid their balance to GMAC and so did GAP. Now we also had a balance of $800 dollars remaining, from what? Shouldn't GAP cover the whole amount? That is what we asked when we signed up for GAP coverage. It's just kinda fishy that Mary and we would have some remaining amount left to pay.

Also, and update the $800 dollars is now $1600 due to some fees etc, and I'm sure it will never stop. We are also, debating  whether or not we should get a lawyer as well, as this is on her credit report. While paperwork was processing, because of totaled truck, they wanted us to pay monthly payments on the truck, but why would we do that, if GAP and our insurance was going to pay the balance. If we paid a monthly I know for sure we wouldn't get any of it back.

Please, if you have any updates, or anything relevant that can help it would be great. If we just dont pay it, would it go away after 7 years or will that $1600 ever stop increasing?

Jeremy