Complaint Review: GMAC GM

• Submitted: Fri, November 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 02, 2006

• Reported By:Fenton Michigan
GMAC GM
gmacfs.com Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

GMAC Auto Financing Class Action Lawsuit ripoff, Harrasment Calls even if payments are made, and Counts ontime payments as late Baltimore Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: Never had an issue with GMAC

*UPDATE Employee: Late Payments

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: GMAC Did it to me too!

*Consumer Comment: gmac

*Author of original report: THE BLOOD SUCKERS AT GMAC AT IT AGAIN

*Consumer Suggestion: Tell them not to call.

I currently finance through GMAC FS ("General Motors Acceptance Corporation Financial Services") and have received many harrassing calls from GMAC even if the payment has been made, starting from calls ranging from 7:30 am almost up to nine o'clock.

I had received two calls today alone from GMAC at about 9:30 am this morning a GMAC agent asked when I was going to pay my car payment and I mentioned to him that I already did, get on the ball, and then I received another phone call at about 4:30 this afternoon from another GMAC agent, which they will not Identify themselves which is complete non-sense, and asked me when I was going to make a payment and again I stated that I already did make one, stop screwing around.

I am so sick of GMAC since I have always paid on time, there have been a couple times where times were tough, but when isn't it for anyone.

I have read a lot of complaints here about GMAC and I think that all of us, with a problem with GMAC "Generic Motors Axceptance Crap" should file a Federal Class Action Lawsuit. I have read about people that are hard working lose their homes and automobiles to these BLOOD SUCKING LEACHES.

Together we can put a stop to these scum bags.

Phil
Fenton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2005 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC-GM/Baltimore-Maryland/GMAC-Auto-Financing-Class-Action-Lawsuit-ripoff-Harrasment-Calls-even-if-payments-are-mad-164255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC GM

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Financed 2 vehicles through GMAC... Have never heard from them. The only time I get ANYTHING from them is when I call and ask for more payment envelopes and once or twice a year when they send the "What you've paid" thing in the mail. Have never received a phone call.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Never had an issue with GMAC

AUTHOR: April - (U.S.A.)

I have financed my last 4 vehicles through GMAC and must admit I have never had an issue with my payments not posting on time. I always use my bank's online billpay though and it tells me by what date the payment will be received by GMAC. When you're mailing a check, always make sure you give it quite a good while to get there. I've also experienced difficult times and have always been able to contact them and extend a payment without an issue or even change my due date if it wasn't working out for me. I am sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time though, I hope it all works out for you.

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

I financed a vehicle through GMAC 4 1/2 years ago and have been very satisfied with their service. They accidentally took 2 payments out of my account one month, and happily paid all bank fees associated with their mistake.

Unfortunately, I think the service you get with these HUGE companies is determined solely on who answers the phone and who chooses to update the computer system. I have had numerous problems with other large companies, and have only resolved them when an employee who actually does their job updates the system with notes regarding the situation.

My advice. Call them until you get someone who is willing to help you. Trust me, there are a few people like that still out there!!! Good Luck!

Late Payments

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

If they continue to tell you that your payments are late, request a payment history. You can then look at it and see exactly when your payments were recieved and when they were due.

It is amazing how many people are paying close to 30 days behind every month and think they are sending in their payments early.

Just a suggestion to make things easier.

#10 REBUTTAL Individual responds

GMAC Did it to me too!

AUTHOR: Danielle - (U.S.A.)

Don't worry you are not alone. I actually had to roll over about $7,000 on my trade-in after only 1 year financing w/ GMAC b/c their business tactics are so SCREWED UP! I made my payments on time and still was harassed. They even lost a payment and didn't rectify it until 5 MONTHS LATER, which caused a lot of problems w/ my credit. It didn't matter what info. I sent them proving that the payment was made and that THEY CASHED IT!!!! They lost it in May and didn't make the correction until October. However, in the mean time I continued making my payments and they threatened to REPOSESS my vehicle.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks GMAC is totally inept.
NEVER FINANCE THROUGH GMAC....it was my first time buying a new vehicle - It made me not enjoy the fact that my car was the first thing I owned myself and that I was responsibly paying and beginning to establish myself with!

I sold my car that I had financed through GMAC since then and now can't be happier w/ my new financing company!!!

gmac

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

If you have the cancelled checks to prove that you have made the payments on time then let them b***h. Just don't answer the phone. Might want to send a certified letter to them telling them not to call you anymore. They have to stop.
If they threaten to reposess your car let them. Then sue the s**t out of them. Make them explain to a judge why your car was reposessed even though you have made all your payments in full and on time.
Don't let them bug you.

THE BLOOD SUCKERS AT GMAC AT IT AGAIN

AUTHOR: Phil - (U.S.A.)

I arrived home this evening to receive a call from a SERVANT/SLAVE of GMAC named JOSEPH WEBB. The phone call came in at about 7:00 pm give or take a few minutes, to ask me when they were going to get a payment from me, and I expressed to him, that you have received payment from me, and that I will be retaining a lawyer, and that I will be reporting GMAC to all three credit bureaus for attempts at falsely alledging untrue claims on my credit report.

I am going to constantly update this report, and to all you lowlifes at GMAC, especially my friend "JOSEPH WEBB" get a life and a real job. Will let everyone know what my lawyer has to say about the situation.

In addition, I will be reporting GMAC to the FTC for unfair practices, and to the FCC for inappropiate use of telephones to initiate threat and harm. So to you SCUM BAGS at GMAC I hope you read this as you have broken the law.

#13 Consumer Suggestion

Tell them not to call.

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

Unless you tell them not to call anymore, they will continue to call if they think you owe them. If you tell them to stop and they don't, report them to the FTC.