Complaint Review: GMAC Insurance

• Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: Bev — bradaenton Florida United States of America
GMAC Insurance
PO Box 3199 Winston Salem, North Carolina United States of America

GMAC Insurance Nikolas manager and Beste A Caskifes signed letter of cancellation GMAC Did not disclose to me that when I cancell my auto insurance(few months on vacation) GMAC reports to the State and my drivers license is suspended.. Winston Salem, North Carolina

*General Comment: You are angry at wrong person

When I go on vacation for the past 2 years I cancel my GMAC insurance for 3 months and reinstate it when I return such as happened in the summer of 2011 and 2012. The car was placed in storage. This year was different, when I returned GMAC would not renew my policy and sent me to Progressive who renenew my policy at twice the cost.  Since I was out of the country my mail  was  held by a neighbor.  A few weeks after my return home, I read my mail and find a letter from the license bureau notifying me that  my drivers license had been suspended for 2 weeks.  GMAC had failed to either email me or let me know at the time that if I cancelled my insurance the law required them to notify the state and the state would suspend my license, but for a $150.00 fee it will be reinstated.

I called Niklas, manager at GMAC, left messages, five times and he refused to return my call.  It was just luck that I was not involved in an accident or I could have been sent to jail for driving with a suspended license and causing an accident or being involved in an accident.  I have never received any notification from GMAC that my license had been or would be suspended.  Since the law is new, most people are not aware of what happens when your auto insurance is cancelled. It is neglience on their part and a responsible company would notify its customers at the time of cancellation.  Where do I file an official complaint against this company?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2012 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC-Insurance/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-27102-3199/GMAC-Insurance-Nikolas-manager-and-Beste-A-Caskifes-signed-letter-of-cancellation-GMAC-Did-961298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC Insurance

#1 General Comment

You are angry at wrong person

AUTHOR: MT - (United States of America)

You said you are mad at the insurance company, GMAC insurance, right? You should be mad at the agent that wrote the policy for not telling you how it works in NC. Any good responsible agent would have told you that you are required to carry liability insurance in NC and that failure to do so would result in a license suspension and or fee.