Complaint Review: GMAC MORTGAGE AND DAVID STERN

• Submitted: Fri, September 12, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 27, 2009

• Reported By:st. Augustine, Florida
GMAC MORTGAGE AND DAVID STERN
3451 HAMMOND AVE. Waterloo, Iowa U.S.A.

GMAC MORTAGAGE AND DAVID STERN i am late on house payment, gmac knew they were going to get the money sept. 12, 2008 - I called today so the money can be wired. they informed me that it was turned over to david stern, lawyer for forclosure. Waterloo Iowa

*Consumer Suggestion: Dear Karen: You may be able to re-negotiate after you make corrections?

*Consumer Comment: im confused

*Consumer Comment: Check your Finances

I am late on my house payment. I have contacted gmac since may asking them to help me or refinance. I sent them notice that i was going to ask for a hardship case from my employer, but that i could not do anything until the end of August.

On Sept. 4, 2008, myself, my employer, and gmac were on the phone discussing what i owed and what it would take. gmac was told that the money would be in my account on sept. 12, 2008. I called gmac today (the 12Th) to get information to have the money wired. gmac informed me that it had already been turned over to their lawyer (David Stern).

I have lived in this house for 32 years. My 16 year old daughter was murdered in may of 2000. My x-husband left the day after the funeral. as soon as we
were divorced in feb. 2001 - he files for bankrup, leaves me with everything .

I refinanced the house and paid off bills. Now i am in more hard times and gmac does not want to work with me. I am fed up with the greed that is in the world today.

Karen
st. Augustine,, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2008 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC-MORTGAGE-AND-DAVID-STERN/Waterloo-Iowa-50704/GMAC-MORTAGAGE-AND-DAVID-STERN-i-am-late-on-house-payment-gmac-knew-they-were-going-to-ge-372292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC MORTGAGE AND DAVID STERN

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Dear Karen: You may be able to re-negotiate after you make corrections?

AUTHOR: Miss Guardian - (U.S.A.)

Dear Karen: We offer our sympathy for the loss of your daughter! But We agree, as well, if you did not make your payments in full, they are well within their rights to demand back payments. However, based on substantial (what may appear as circumstantial) evidence it is clear that Mr.Stern/lawfirm has been under great scrutiny, to say the least! You should contact Mr. Stern by phone, fax, letter, e-
mail etc.! If you go on Florida Bar Member Search and look up Mr. Stern this shall provide all necessary contact info! It does also reveal that Mr. Stern was also reprimanded by the Florida Bar Association (we all say: shame on him)! So, please try & work it out! God Bless All True Victims!

im confused

AUTHOR: Daniel - (U.S.A.)

you say its been since may how late are you .how many payments have you missed . if your 3 months late gmac has the right to send it to sterns office. did they send you a hardship info packet or the info to do a reinstatement?// im not defending gmac i hate them truly but it seems that your best bet now is to contact sterns office find out whos handleing the case ask them how much its going to cost you ,this will include the attorny fees etc and please pay them these people are ruthless you will lose your home. but on the good side right now is your not in forecloseure , sell the dam house before they take it , thats what i did. my attorny told me to do it so i wouldnt lose the equity in the house and guess what they din,t get a dam thing from what you stated in here it sounds like its time to move on the house has bad carma and you need a fresh start sell the house find something to rent and then buy your self a foreclosure home and start over it will be dificult to do because the market sucks but dont be gready put a price on it so it sellls fast and you will still make a sm profit to put on another one do it now before your credit is trashed . i have been dealing with gmac in and out of the courts for 5 yrs now its just a never ending circle of bs they are one firetrucked company

Check your Finances

AUTHOR: Get Smart - (U.S.A.)

If you can't make the payments, figure out the best way to get the equity, maybe by shortsale. Let me know if they took the money out of the account. One hand does not know what the other hand is doing within the company. They don't care either. Make the second phone call to have the money wired. Get verification that GMAC is taking the money. (Your account should then be credited). It's hard to foreclose on someone who is paying. Send everything certified mail, return receipt. You have proof for the courts that it was paid and sent.

I thought Stern was arrested for the fraud involved with GMAC? Should check that also.