Complaint Review: GMAC / SMARTLEASE

• Submitted: Tue, November 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 24, 2009

• Reported By: JACK — WARETOWN New Jersey United States of America
GMAC / SMARTLEASE
2500 Corporate Exhange Dr.Suite 150 Columbus,OH 43 Columbus,, Ohio United States of America

GMAC / SMARTLEASE GMAC Financial Turned in Lease Car 3 months early at GMAC invitation.Paid cash for new vehicle.90 days later was told to pay $523.60 extra after auto was released to dealer by me. Columbus,, Ohio

I was invited by GMAC to turn in my smart lease Cadiallac 3 months early if I purchased a new GM vehicle which I did.I paid cash in amount of $24,560. and rreleased my lease car to the dealer.

I turned in my Cadillac to dealer and bargained for the price on new car and took ownership of new car and left leased car and keys with dealer and drove new car home.Three moths laater GMAC sent me a bill for $523.60 for wear and tear on lease car which I was not told about at puchase or turn in.I refused to pay and told them to take me to court.

GMAC sent me collection letters and turned my account in to the three credit reporting agencies as unpaid and uncollectable.There have been three new collection agencies phoning me or writing me in the past 18 months, each one I have refused to deal with.

GMAC is responsible for a poor credit rating for me which is unjustifiable in court or equity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2009 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC-SMARTLEASE/Columbus-Ohio-43213/GMAC-SMARTLEASE-GMAC-Financial-Turned-in-Lease-Car-3-months-early-at-GMAC-invitationP-528055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC / SMARTLEASE