Complaint Review: GMAC

• Submitted: Mon, October 15, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2007

• Reported By:Fountain Inn South Carolina
GMAC
Po Box 3100 Midland, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-200-4622
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Gmac Financial GMAC Ruined my credit and refuses to fix mistake they made Midland Texas

I bought a car that was financed through GMAC. When I sent them a large payment I called to see how it could be posted. I was told that it would have to be posted as payments and they could not post it to princible because of finance charges.

Well I was told by there supervisor I was paid all the way up to Febuary of 2008. Now I am getting collection calls everyday that they have not recieved my payments. No duh I am supposed to be paid for 5 months. Turns out they posted it to princible after all and now refuse to fix it. They have dinged my credit with late payment report to the credit bureau's and I don't have the money to pay them.

I have been on the phone with them at least three times a week for a month now and they still won't fix their screw up. No matter what you do when you buy a car if they tell you GMAC took your loan run away they don't help your credit they ruin it.

Melissa
Fountain Inn, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2007 05:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMAC/Midland-Texas-79702/Gmac-Financial-GMAC-Ruined-my-credit-and-refuses-to-fix-mistake-they-made-Midland-Texas-278745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMAC