Complaint Review: GMC

• Reported By: Rustedout — Moneta Virginia
GMC
Nationwide USA

GMC Ally Auto Will not allow a leased vehicle to be turned in early Nationwide

*Author of original report: Ken is worng... over-simplifies

*Consumer Comment: Sorry for your misfortune...

I leased a 2012 GMC Terrain n 2012.  I sustained a medical problem that disallows me to drive. I have a year left onlease via Ally Auto.  They will not allow me to terminate lease even though I agreed to apy balance owed for lease.  Thus, they advsied I am stuck with vehicle until it expires and I ahve o0t retain insurance coverage even though it will be off road... and that will cost me in excess of $2,000 as my rate had been increased.  I owe $2,000+ in lease payments which I agreed to apy... biut they said no way can I turn in vehicle... and I still ahve ot keep it insured even though it will not be driven. Add to that local property taxes and I forced into keeping the vehicle for another 12 months at an out of pocket cost of over $5,000.  I cannot drive and have been suspended via medical condition.  As a retired senior, I am overwhelmed with this deciosn with Ally Auto Financing.  I cannot beleive it is at all proper to disallow me the right to turn in vehicle as I cannot drive anymore.. live alone and thus will have to be stored on proprty while paying excessive costs for insurance and county taxes... just because Ally Auto.. the leasing arm of GM sales.. says so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2014 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GMC/nationwide/GMC-Ally-Auto-Will-not-allow-a-leased-vehicle-to-be-turned-in-early-Nationwide-1162547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GMC

Ken is worng... over-simplifies

AUTHOR: Rustedout - ()

I stated the facts as presented to in my original complaint.  "ken" must be part of my "problem" versus part of customer-based solution.  The point of my complaint is I wish to turn in unusable vehicle; pay the remaining lease payments... and not have the vehicle in my possession sinc ei can no longer drive it due health... but I am obligated to carry insurance and incurr tax payments to local government... as well as license plate renewal. Amazing that "Ken" can't grasp the unfairness of my plight.   Forced to retain a vehicle even though would pay off lease owed.

Sorry for your misfortune...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

" I cannot beleive it is at all proper to disallow me the right to turn in vehicle as I cannot drive anymore.. live alone and thus will have to be stored on proprty while paying excessive costs for insurance and county taxes... just because Ally Auto.. the leasing arm of GM sales.. says so"

Not the real reason...it's because your lease agreement says so.  Check it out.