receives

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: BRAND — leander Texas United States of America
GOLD AND SILVER BUYERS
6301 W Parmer Lane Suite 602D AUSTIN, Texas United States of America

GOLD AND SILVER BUYERS WEBUYGOLD TRIED TO GIVE ME LESS THAN THIRTY PERCENT OF SILVER AND GOL I BROUGHT IN. AUSTIN, Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This is all true and more

*Consumer Comment: Right address, Wrong company

*UPDATE Employee: Wrong Company AGAIN

*Author of original report: NO SIR!! TRY AGAIN

*UPDATE Employee: Wrong Company

Hi. I am just writing this to let everyone in Austin Texas and surrounding areas to be aware of the highly popular...for reasons unknown..silver and gold stores that have been tearing a money hole n austin and wherever else they are. I hope they are not nationwide.

I went into the store because of the number of shops I have seen open in the past year. I figured well..if they have this many stores..they have to be doing something right. I also saw a advertisement in a magazine offering a 20 dollar bonus to everyone with a coupon who sold them over a hundred dollars in silver or gold..so I walk in with my gold ring..weighing 7 grams...and two ounces of silver..knowing or hoping to walk out with at least one hundred twenty..with coupon..so there's a guy ahead of me selling a small amount of gold...the Hispanic gentleman behind desk puts a small charm and a small thin gold ring on scale..and the scale read..2.1. Now I have been around silver and gold and scales for a while..I know it didn't seem right..they write him a check for 42 dollars..he seems unhappy..but leaves..I am next in line and present my stuff to him..already knowing what it weighs..

And I intentionally do not give him coupon for the fact I knew they would scam add it in to the figure..he tells me they only pay 50 cents a gram for silver..and less than 25 a oz. He then weighs my gold ring and writes me a total offer on a piece of paper for 54 dollars...I then ask him to re weigh the ring because he says it only came out to 3. I said that's impossible...he then tries to offer me a bit more because I realized the scam..well I said ok well I also have this..and I reached in my pocket and pulled the coupon out..this guy looks at me and smiles and says...I ALREADY ADDED THE COUPON IN... And I said now how did you know I had one? He said..we give everyone that walks in a 20 dollar bonus..

Keep in mind that there was a gold ring..over 6 grams...and 2oz of silver...I asked him to show me his scale..and he hesitated...PLEASE NO ONE GO THERE EVER AGAIN..THEY HAVE THEIR SCALE SET TO PENNYWEIGHT. SO A GRAM IS LESS THAN A GRAM..ALMOST BY HALF...BUT THERE PAYING LESS THAN A GRAM PRICE FOR PENNYWEIGHT....PLEASE PEOPLE..PUT THESE AS%$*@!%. OUT OF BUISINESS. THEY ARE SCAMARTISTS..I KNOW EVERYONE HAS TO MAKE A PROFIT..BUT THEY ARE ABUSING PEOPLE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 03:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GOLD-AND-SILVER-BUYERS/AUSTIN-Texas-/GOLD-AND-SILVER-BUYERS-WEBUYGOLD-TRIED-TO-GIVE-ME-LESS-THAN-THIRTY-PERCENT-OF-SILVER-AND-G-954426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GOLD AND SILVER BUYERS

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

This is all true and more

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

This company is a Rip Off.  I know because I worked there for 2 years.  I felt horrible how we were suppose to quote people. 32% was an average quote.  We were allowed to bump the customer off but only after we asked them how much they were expecting.  We had a percentage of loss and buys everyday, we needed to make sure no one left without selling to us.  We are paid by commission so if we didin't buy we made no money, and the lower the percentage of the buy the more we made.  We were paid $8 hour for 10 long hours of work as well but you can make more flipping burgers most days.  People started to catch on that GSB were big rip offs and we were not making any money at all.  Also we would get a phone call from our manager if we bumped up over 65% and were in trouble with Brian Culwell if we bumped up 89%-92%.  Checks for the customers are bouncing and cash is limited.  We do take coupons.  If you go to the Gold and Silvers Buyers website you can print a coupon out.  They have these cheesy gift cards they pass out as well and they are for so called VIP customers.  Everybody gets one no one is a VIP.  They had a gold egg contest that someone was going to win $250,000 and now they took that away.  No one won it either.  They just used it to get people in their data base for marketing.  This compnay I hear now is going under and is changing their name to GOLDWISER to help change their reputaion.  But I think the damage is done already.  Which is a good thing.  I would take my gold and silver to any place but this compnay or anything that is owned by them.

Right address, Wrong company

AUTHOR: Sherman - (United States of America)

There is a gold buyer in the HEB plaza at Parmer & McNeil, but it's called My Gold and Silver Store, Or mygoldandsilverstore.com.  They have 4 stores in Austin.  They do use Pennyweight and they do offer cupons.  I think that is the place you are talking about.  It's the only one at that address, and the sign says, "we buy gold".

Wrong Company AGAIN

AUTHOR: Gold & Silver Buyers - (United States of America)

Gold & Silver Buyers has a store at Parmer & McNeill, but it is NOT inside HEB.

We are located in a SHOPPING CENTER at that address, and the store has ONLY BEEN OPEN for 30 DAYS.

There is another company in Austin and San Antonio that is using our Trademarked name; perhaps they are the ones operating with a "cheap digital scale."  Our attorneys have sent them several cease and desist letters because they are confusing the public, just as they've done to you.

ALL of Gold & Silver Buyers' scales have been CERTIFIED by the Texas Department of Agriculture and our licenses are posted prominently in all of our locations.  We DO NOT use cheap digital scales, and we DO NOT have scales that calculate in pennyweight.

You are welcome to post your receipt; that would certainly clear up any confusion about which company you are talking about.  In fact, we would encourage you to post it and would appreciate it if you would stop maligning our name when you have never been a customer of ours.

We are the largest gold buyer in the State of Texas and take GREAT PRIDE in our excellent customer service, honest practices and fair treatment of our customers.  We're sorry that you had a bad experience, but it was not at one of OUR stores.

Furthermore, our company has NEVER and will NEVER use a coupon.  We believe that coupons that promise more money are a scam and that you are playing with people's money: this is something that we would never participate in.

NO SIR!! TRY AGAIN

AUTHOR: Leander - (United States of America)

OH I'M SORRY IF I GOT THE ADDRESS WRONG SIR. BUT IT IS INDEED THE COMPANY I POSTED ABOUT. IT IS BY PARMER OR MCNEIL HEB. I'M NOT CRAZY AND YES THIS IS THE CHAIN I WENT INTO. AND IT WAS A SCAM..SHAM..RIPOFF..THE SCALE GE WAS USING WAS A CHEAP DIGITAL SCALE..THAT WEIGHS IN ALL FORMATS..PENNYWEIGHT IS JUST THE ONE THAT THIS COMP. CHOOSES TO USE..NOW THIS WAS SIX MONTHS AGO..I HOPE YOU ARE TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS BETTER NOW..BECAUSE THAT IS IN FACT YOUR LIVELIHOOD. SHOULD I POST MY RECEIPT...DID YOU WANT ME TO DO THAT. I STILL HAVE IT..I SAVED IT FOR THAT PURPOSE.

Wrong Company

AUTHOR: Gold & Silver Buyers - (United States of America)

The customer went into a WE BUY GOLD location.

Gold & Silver Buyers does not operate a location at this address.

Gold & Silver Buyers does not have scales with pennyweight.

Gold & Silver Buyers does not have coupons of any kind - ever.  We pay the most all the time without the use of any gimmicks such as coupons.