• Submitted: Thu, December 27, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2007

• Reported By:Calhoun Georgia
132 West 31st Street 14th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

GOLDEN EAGLE LEASING - NORTHERN LEASING SYSTEMS Harassment- Business Sold over 2 Years Ago, harassing me fo payment WHILE accepting payments from the current lessee. New York New York

I owned a business and signed a lease agreement for a credit card machine. I sold the business in September 2005. A lease transfer was signed by the new owners. Golden Eagle automatically drafted the new owner's checking account for monthly lease payments for over two years. Then those owners sold the company again. That's when the trouble began. When the 2nd owners closed the company bank account and Golden Eagle could no longer draft from their account, they tracked me down. I had moved to a new city and county and they still found my new home address and phone number. Since then I get several telephone calls daily, and several bills in the mail weekly. They insist that I owe them the monthly lease payments again. The newest owner of the business has tried repeatedly to contact them to change the lease, but they purposefully disconnect her. She has even mailed in lease payments and Golden Eagle has accepted her payments and cashed the checks. But they still are harassing me for the payments as well. I have spoken to several different people in the company, sent in certified statements, and even tried to mediate with the Better Business Bureau with no results. I don't know what to do next for help.

If anyone does file a class action lawsuit, please contact me as I am documenting every phone call and document that they send me. I am sure a harassment case would stand since they have obviously violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act on a continual basis.

Calhoun, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2007 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GOLDEN-EAGLE-LEASING-NORTHERN-LEASING-SYSTEMS/New-York-New-York-10001-3405/GOLDEN-EAGLE-LEASING-NORTHERN-LEASING-SYSTEMS-Harassment-Business-Sold-over-2-Years-Ago-295000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GOLDEN EAGLE LEASING - NORTHERN LEASING SYSTEMS