Complaint Review: GOTENGINES

• Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: jerkshield — Lincoln Nebraska United States of America
GOTENGINES

GOTENGINES evasive warrenty tactics Internet

'Got engines' replied to my request for an engine for my 2000 Kia Sportage indicating that they had a used engine for $1,440.00 that would include a 3 year parts and labor warranty.   Curious as to the details of the warranty I called Got Engines (866-320-1065) and chose option 6 (warranty issues) and the mailbox was full.  I called back and chose option 3 (sales) and asked the guy that answered if he could answer a question about the warrenty or if I could get a copy to review.  He handed the phone to a person he referred to as 'the warranty guy' who then gave me a phone number (1-800-903-5278) for the warranty supplier.  Dale, at elastwarrenty directed me to the web site where I downloaded a copy of the warranty.  The 3 year parts and labor warranty begins 14 days or 500 miles after the motor is installed. I asked Dale who is responsible for the first 15 days and he stated that he believed the supplier just replaces the engine but included that 'that's between you and the supplier'.  I then called Got Engines again to ask them who is responsible for the first 14 days or 500 miles and 'the warrenty guy' said "that will be covered by our parts warrenty.  I then asked, if I am purchasing a 'parts and labor warrenty' and the engine is defective in the first 15 days who is responsible for the labor to replace the motor?  "The warrenty guy' kept being evasive and began being a jerk by answering my questions with short, snappy evasive answers. After having spelled out several times what I was attempting to ask 'the warranty guy' asked again, "so, what are you trying to do?"  I said I'm trying to get an answer without you being a smartass.   'The warrenty guy then said, "Ok!".  Music came on the phone for about 10 seconds and then a person came on the phone That I can only describe as 'the intimidator'.   It took me several minutes to ask my question as 'the intimidator' interupted, cut me off and tried to give me information to call people I had already informed him that I had called.  When I had finally made it clear what I was asking 'the intimidator' asked me if I was a customer. I told him that I was not. He said, "you're asking a lot of detaled questions for someone who's not even a customer.  I then said that I was not a customer and that if he didn't answer my questions I wasn't interested in becoming one. He then said, "good', and hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GOTENGINES/internet/GOTENGINES-evasive-warrenty-tactics-Internet-961670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GOTENGINES