Complaint Review: GOVERNMENT GRANT ASSOCIATION

• Reported By:BATON ROUGE Louisiana
GOVERNMENT GRANT ASSOCIATION
CLEARWATER, Florida U.S.A.

GOVERNMENT GRANT ASSOCIATION RIPOFF CLEARWATER Florida

I had gotten a call one day from a lady named grace miller telling me that I had a grant waiting for me of 5000 dollars. She started telling me that I was elligable because of being a us citizen and over te age of 18 or 21 and went on telling me other stuff. Than she started to ask if I had a checking account and on and on but I did not give her any info. I kept asking her how she got my info but would never answer and told her to take me off the calling list and she still would not answer anytyhing I had asked her. I kept telling her that i did not want the money and she kept telling me i would never have to pay it back and no taxes would be taken out. and then somehow we got dsconnected.

Then the nextday i had went on lunch and came back and my boss had told me someone else had call for me but it was a guy but would not leave his name or number. Then 5 min. latter the same woman from the day before had called me again acting like she hadnt talked to me the day before telling me everything over again and thats when I stopped her and told her to quit calling that i dont want the money and told her I found out it was a scam. So i went online and looked up the company and gave them a call complaining about it. They put me on hold 4 diff times before i actualy spoke to someone and it went on and on. Finaly I spoke to a main guy and told him the prob. He said they have people that are contracted out by them that they do not do the actual calling but it would get solved. he gave me the info to a web site that would take my numbers off the list www.ftc.gov and explained to me that if your number gets put on this list they will not call back but it takes up to 60 days.

The other thing that the lady never told me was that you have to pay like 199 dollars ( i found out latter ) in order to get the money witch right there should tell you its a scam they will probably get your acct info and take it out w/out you knowing. so please never give any info out over the phone. and always ask for their name number and co. they work for and where they are located. i hope that this info will help some people out if your young like me and this has never happened to you before becasue its happened to me.

Stephanie
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2004 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GOVERNMENT-GRANT-ASSOCIATION/CLEARWATER-Florida/GOVERNMENT-GRANT-ASSOCIATION-RIPOFF-CLEARWATER-Florida-122837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GOVERNMENT GRANT ASSOCIATION