Complaint Review: GPM MERCHANDISE DIRECT

• Submitted: Tue, December 15, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 15, 2010

• Reported By: Stan — Calgary Alberta United States of America
GPM MERCHANDISE DIRECT
101 Canarctic Drive Toronto Ontario M3J 3N1 Canada Toronto, Ontario United States of America

GPM MERCHANDISE DIRECT SNUGGY BLANKET Credit Card Fraud Illegal Transaction Charged $117.30 for 1 Snuggy Blanket in -29 temperatures!! Toronto, Ontario

*Author of original report: UPDATE: HOW TO GET MONEY BACK FROM GPM MERCHANDISE DIRECT

On December 10th, 2009 I ordered a Snuggy Blanket over the telephone after seeing it advertised on tv as the temperature outside was -29 below zero. After hearing the automated voice prompt asking me if I wanted to buy an extra blanket for $7.00 more I pressed '0' for No. I then called them again and spoke in person to an operator. She quoted me $29.95 CDN + $15.90 CDN shipping to Calgary.

On December 11th, I noticed a bill for $117.30 for 1 blanket! I knew this was wrong and called them. They said they had already shipped the item. I called my credit card company and explained this was illegal.

I called the Ombudsman with my credit card company who is investigating.

I called the RCMP who are investigating and told me to immediately cancel my credit card as this company may use a 3rd party to attempt another illegal withdrawal. I have a case number.

I contacted the media in Calgary and the media in Mississauga.

I will refuse the item and take photocopies of the parcel with 'refused' written on it.

I will get a tracking number of the item being shipped right back to the scurrilous, contemptible, den of iniquity from whence it came.

The authorities and I shall wait for a refund once the item has been returned.

Then I shall contact the Ombudsman for All Banks in Canada, the RCMP, and the media.

I shall warn the Prime Minister of Canada himself as that is the kind of person I am.

I can pay 2 heating bills for that!

Buy this snuggy blanket off eBay. It will cost you $10.00!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2009 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GPM-MERCHANDISE-DIRECT/Toronto-Ontario-M3J-3N1/GPM-MERCHANDISE-DIRECT-SNUGGY-BLANKET-Credit-Card-Fraud-Illegal-Transaction-Charged-1173-539755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GPM MERCHANDISE DIRECT

UPDATE: HOW TO GET MONEY BACK FROM GPM MERCHANDISE DIRECT

AUTHOR: stan - (United States of America)

I finally got my money back from GPM Merchandise Direct after a long battle.

They first credited me back for the items but did not credit me back for the shipping.

I called them twice and explained the items shipped were their fault as they shipped too many. They were argumentative with me.

Finally, I called them and asked for their names. I told them if they did not credit me back for the shipping as well, I would go to the MEDIA and file a Federal Dispute Resolution form with my credit card company. I had already contacted the Ombudsman for my credit card company.

After a huffy employee put me on hold for several minutes and went to find the supervisor for GPM Merchandise Direct, she returned saying she could not find the supervisor (I wonder why) and that she would credit me back for the shipping. I would see it in 2 days.

Avoid buying the Snuggie Blanket through GPM Merchandise Direct like the plague! They are crooked and I hope the Royal Canadian Mounted Police shut them down!