Complaint Review: GPM Magic Mesh

• Reported By: biggi — Rockford Michigan United States of America
GPM Magic Mesh
P.O. Box 3179 Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

GPM Magic Mesh Mesh Bug Screen for Doors Wallingford, Connecticut

I called to place an order, based on the TV ad, to order one magic mesh and get the 2nd one free, all for $19.95 plus S&H.  I did not talk to a live person, just a computer. After I had given my Credit card info, the voice asked if I wanted to upgrade to a finer mesh and a 1 yr. warrenty for an additional charge. I quickly decided that I did not want any of it, because I thought I would be getting a fine enough mesh and a warrentied item anyways, so I said, "cancel the entire order". The computer voice kept talking, completely ignoring what I had just said. So, I kept saying "cancel the entire order" over and over again. The voice kept on, even with other products, etc. I finally hung up, called my credit card company, and reported the incident. The service rep. told me that normally the fee gets charged right away to my account, and nothing had come through. So I thought that maybe they got my message of cancelled order after all. Well, we came back from vacation yesterday, and found the box from GPM Magic Mesh on my front porch! And my CC had been charged $107.55 by GPM Magic Mesh! When I called the customer service today, asking for the entire amount back, the rep told me, once they had the box back (we sent it back today, unopened), they would reimburse me the purchase price, and that I had supposedly placed three orders! I feel totally taken advantage off, I didn't place three orders, I cancelled even the original order while still on the phone, but you don't get to talk to a person who can process that request. I think this company uses fraudulent business practices! I wish I would know where to report them, to protect other gullible and trusting customers from falling prey to their fraudulent ways of doing business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2011 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GPM-Magic-Mesh/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/GPM-Magic-Mesh-Mesh-Bug-Screen-for-Doors-Wallingford-Connecticut-765511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GPM Magic Mesh