Complaint Review: GPM Merchandise Direct

• Updated: Tue, September 15, 2009

• Reported By: Joan — Dartmouth Nova Scotia Canada
GPM Merchandise Direct
101 Canarctic Drive Toronto, Ontario United States of America

GPM Merchandise Direct I ordered one set of HD Vision Wrap Around Glasses for > $25.00. The order was duplicated, sent to me with no packing slip, information etc. and my visa was charged $93.14. (Seen on tv.) Toronto, Ontario

TV Advertised Ripoff

I ordered one set of HD Vision WrapArounds for what was advertised as a time limited offer for >$25.00.  My order was duplicated without my consent and sent to me without any packing slip, return information, etc. My visa was charged $93.14, more than triple what it should have been!  I tried calling the contact phone number which I found for Merchandise Direct online to no avail.  Though I was calling within their advertised office hours, I simply got a closed office message and wasn't even allowed the opportunity to leave a message.

This is a fraudulent offer being advertised on tv.  What can be done to stop this discusting treatment of consumers and how can the offenders be punished?  Any advice would be appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2009 05:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GPM-Merchandise-Direct/Toronto-Ontario-M3J3N1/GPM-Merchandise-Direct-I-ordered-one-set-of-HD-Vision-Wrap-Around-Glasses-for-2500-495005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GPM Merchandise Direct