• Report: #981973

• Submitted: Fri, December 14, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: Prose — Orlando Florida United States of America
GPS Movers

GPS Movers A Plus Moving & Storage Moving van missing for 42 days with my belongings; finally arrived, co. promised $150 rebate-never came. Internet

Moving co. from Internet (A Plus Moving & Storage) promised delivery in days after pick-up.  Two young men were inexperienced; one asked for more money than quoted, covered paperwork with one arm while asking me to initial & sign in multiple places.

When truck did not arrive on promised date, I began calling, only to be told co. moved, changed its name to GPS Movers & location from Queens to Staten Island.  Dozens of calls were made & lies about where the truck was & when it would arrive were told to me.

When after one month later truck was still not here & no info or explanations were given to me, I reported to BBB of New York.  Co. then offered $150, verbally, for my 'inconvenience.'  (My husband & I are in our late 60's & he had brain surgery in the middle of this period of time which I told them.  We slept on the floor of our condo, no furniture, etc.)

Truck finally arrived 41 days later!!! No explanation.  No check for $150 ever arrived, even after numerous reports to BBB & even they were told they were sending me $150 to 'resolve' the issue. They nver did!  Each time I called I was given a different excuse/answer as to why the check wasn't send out yet, but always told it would be.  This all took place in 2011.  I don't know if I have any recourse, but I want people to be aware & find ways to protect the consumer from this kind of abuse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GPS-Movers/internet/GPS-Movers-A-Plus-Moving-Storage-Moving-van-missing-for-42-days-with-my-belongings-fina-981973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GPS Movers