Complaint Review: GRAND GETAWAYS VACATION CLUB

• Updated: Thu, May 22, 2014

• Reported By: ArtMck211 — Baldwin New York
GRAND GETAWAYS VACATION CLUB
7560 COMMERCE CT. SARASOTA, Florida United States of America

GRAND GETAWAYS VACATION CLUB Apex Marketing International A Monster Ripoff! SARASOTA, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Yes totally a Ripoff

*Author of original report: Response from Grand Getaways to Florida Better Business Bureau

*UPDATE Employee: Your Message

*Author of original report: I filed a Message

*UPDATE Employee: Getting in touch

I made a monster mistake in the Bahamas and became a Grand Getaways member in 2011.
After paying over $3,950.00 for this bogus "Vacation Club" I have not been able to
find one bargain or advantage for a vacation that I can't get on Orbitz, Travelocity, or Cheap Caribbean, etc, for less. Then I was "bullied" by a Grand Getaways "Senior Account Rep" (Pat Brokley) in May 2012 to "renew" my membership for $249.00 or "lose all my privileges, and forfeit my membership". For almost two years I have tried to search for vacation discounts and found none. The Customer Service dept has never called me back when I submit a "search request" This company is terrible. I want my entire investment refunded! If anyone has been successful dealing with this fraud of a company, please post a comment. Thanks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GRAND-GETAWAYS-VACATION-CLUB/SARASOTA-Florida-34243/GRAND-GETAWAYS-VACATION-CLUB-Apex-Marketing-International-A-Monster-Ripoff-SARASOTA-Flor-1037648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GRAND GETAWAYS VACATION CLUB

Yes totally a Ripoff

AUTHOR: Kim - ()

This company does not have any discount not offered on the web.

But I am taking legal action against company regarding comp weeks offered for signing up. Which was not complimentary at ALL.  The want $700 to book complimentary week!

Yes they do not respond to your vacation request. Poor customer service!!

Class action suit needed!! Please repost and let join forces.

Response from Grand Getaways to Florida Better Business Bureau

AUTHOR: ArtMck211 - ()

Below is the response from a Grand Getaways Rep after I filed a complaint to the Florida BBB.

After reviewing the matter the member Mr. McKeldin entered into a transaction involving the purchase of a vacation club membership from Apex International Marketing Co. Ltd. ("Apex") while he was in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.

As plainly set forth in his membership purchase documents, Mr. McKeldin purchased his vacation club membership from Apex while in the Bahamas and he paid Apex directly for that membership.  Mr. McKeldin neither purchased the membership from Coast to Coast, nor did he pay the membership purchase price to Coast to Coast.  Coast To Coast did not engage in any marketing and sales activities relative to Mr. McKeldin or any others who may have purchased from Apex while in the Bahamas directly.  Coast to Coast merely provides the travel servicing and fulfillment of the vacation club memberships sold by Apex.

Coast to Coast has provided the member with the service requested by quoting any travel request submitted for pricing and travel alternatives.

In addition the further fact is that Coast to Coast and Apex are separate and independent contractor entities that previously had an arms' length contractual relationship; they are neither affiliates nor agents of one another.  There is no existing document or evidence that suggests or shows otherwise.

Whatever the merits of Mr. McKeldin, dispute regarding this transaction, his claims lay with Apex -- not with Coast to Coast.  Accordingly, Coast to Coast has no obligation to refund all or any portion of Mr. McKeldin membership purchase price and Coast to Coast expressly declines to do so.

Should Mr. McKeldin desire to address this matter with the appropriate party, Apex may be contacted through its Bahamian legal counsel: Tiffany C. Dennison of Dennison & Co, #10 Executive Office Center, West Mail Drive, PO Box 41888, Freeport, The Bahamas (info@dennison-law.com).

We consider this matter is resolved and can now be close.

The above response is a totally unacceptable and negligent bunch of legalese mumbo jumbo! The contract clearly states Grand Getaways is an "Authorized Agent" of Apex. We all realize how illegitimate companies "hide" in foreign countries outside the United States to avoid prosecution. This is a classic case. I will keep fighting and writing to consumer protection organizations to keep this company from unfair negligent practices.

Your Message

AUTHOR: Coast to Coast Grand Getaways - ()

I apologize if you have not yet received a response to the message you submitted. We try to communicate with customers as quickly as we can, but if you would like to send me another message via our blog ( http://blog.gograndgetaways.com/contact-us/ ) with a brief description of your situation and a link to this conversation, then I will any expedite communications with you. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

-Coast to Coast Grand Getaways

I filed a Message

AUTHOR: ArtMck211 - ()

I posted a message on the Go Grand Getaways Website on April 4th. I'm waiting for a reply.

Getting in touch

AUTHOR: Coast to Coast Grand Getaways - ()

Hi ArtMca,

I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to use your membership. Please send me message through our blog with your contact info: http://blog.gograndgetaways.com/contact-us/. Then we can discuss either helping you travel or processing your refund.

Have a great week,