Complaint Review: GRANT ACCESS CLUB

• Updated: Fri, September 18, 2009

• Reported By: water11 — Albuquerque New Mexico USA
GRANT ACCESS CLUB
www.grantaccessclub.com/resource Internet United States of America

GRANT ACCESS CLUB - GRANTMC - FEDERAL HELP ONLINE - MY CASH LEADER - EASY CHECK 4 ME - GRANTS FOR ME - THE US GRANT CLUB - MY GRANT DOLLARS COMPANY TOOK MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH I CANCELED VIA INTERNET AND TELEPHONE. COMPANY CHANGES NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS AND LOCATIONS EVERY MONTH. UPON CONTACTING MY BANK THEY TOLD ME ACCORDING TO Internet

I got an email from this company "MY GRANT DOLLARS"- i think, they keep changing their company name, Online, I signed up for what I thought was a $2.00 (two dollar) form to review US Grants. 8 months later I am finding out they have been leaching my bank account to near $600 now.

I contacted my Bank Wells Fargo about the charges made to my account as listed below.  Unfortunately I do not have the time to look at my bank statement every month and now regret that I have been busy trying to make ends meat.  As you can see the $410.27 in charges plus another 177.81 made by this company "MY GRANT DOLLARS" Comes to near $580 of my hard earned dollars.  While Wells Fargo made an "attempt" to get my money back by contacting this company, this attempt ended when some smooth talking representative from this company was able to give them my email address and the iP address at my house.  Convinced I was lying my bank told me that this was indeed not FRAUD but something "else"???

According to my bank, Visa will only take this company to task for the last 120 days of activity.  I understand the financial world is complicated and quite busy, especially for a company like Visa, but really liability back only 120 days?  IF I owed them money from 1200 days ago they would remember that!!!  Unfortunately, work prevents me from accessing the internet timely and I have been talked into "paperless" banking because it is "green" and will save the planet for future generations.  I am not able to check my bank statements every month as I should- but I ask, should I be punished for this?  Better, should these criminals be rewarded because Visa is only WILLING to examine my credit card problem back to the extent of 120 days?

HOW CAN A "COMPANY" LEGALLY CHANGE THEIR NAME AND STILL CHARGE THE SAME ACCOUNT OVER AND OVER AND OVER SUCH AS THIS? I am confused and if someone can explain to me how this kind of business practice is not deceiving I would like to hear it.  A different company name every month, a different phone number every month, a different state where business is conducted from every month - did not recognize the charges!?!  pretty deceiving.  Wells Fargo fraud department just told me on the phone that they have many many many open claims against this "one" company and then went on to tell me my claim is not fraud because I willfully gave this company my financial information - despite the fact that I also cancelled the -so called- services with in 12 hours of the initial transaction.  I also spoke on the phone with some guy named Michael at this "company" to make sure the account was closed....  yet here I am 7 months and 580$ later supposed to feel "lucky" I was able to get the last 120 days worth of charges back from this "company".  VISA, PLEASE REVIEW YOUR 120 DAY POLICY...  IT IS COSTING ME AND OTHERS A FORTUNE- please do not lecture me on my responsibilities to watch my account as I believe  the responsibility should be shared by my bank and Visa and my situation makes it impossible to check my statements timely.

Visa does not consider my situation "fraud" stating that I willfully entered into business with this "company"....
DICTIONARY STATES:
fraud |frd|
noun
wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain : he was convicted of fraud | prosecutions for social security frauds.
a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities : mediums exposed as tricksters and frauds.

Visa, I ask your legal department where you get your definitions.

This situation is very painful to me.  I am flat broke now, in a foreign country with a pregnant girlfriend living in a house we bought where we have recently been ripped off by a scam artist contractor who took the last of our money to construct a new kitchen and bathroom.  He left with our money and leaving the house incomplete.  We have no kitchen and no bathroom, no heat and winter is marching on....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2009 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GRANT-ACCESS-CLUB/internet/GRANT-ACCESS-CLUB-GRANTMC-FEDERAL-HELP-ONLINE-MY-CASH-LEADER-EASY-CHECK-4-ME-G-497059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GRANT ACCESS CLUB