Complaint Review: G.R.C - Grc - General Revenue Corp - General Revenue Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, November 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2008

• Reported By:Sugar Grove North Carolina
G.R.C - Grc - General Revenue Corp - General Revenue Corporation
11501 Northlake Dr. Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

G.R.C - Grc - General Revenue Corp - General Revenue Corporation Collections for Sallie Mae who instead of trying to help me out, they get cruel and insulting. Cincinnati Ohio

*Consumer Comment: COLLECTION AGENCY'S ARE NOT THERE TO HELP YOU!

When I was in school, my mail box along with over 2000 others throughout Orlando got broken into. When I got my letter, which I still have and Sallie Mae and GRC could care less to see, from the FL Post Master General it had one of my loan applications that got denied to me due to having to much student debt even though when I picked up the application originally, I was told that I had a low enough line of credit to get the other loan. When me an my co-signer first signed onto Sallie Mae, we were told that with interest included it was going to be a certain amount. With the defaulted loan that GRC is trying to collect, my student loans are exactly that collection amount of our original debt. Thing is, I was denied that extra money when I applied and we think that those people who broke into my mail box might have gotten that money. I shouldn't be held responsible for a lone that I got denied for when some one else fraudulently got that money, but Sallie Mae and GRC do not care. Along with this, I applied for 4 different consolidations on my loans through Sallie Mae and they still haven't done it. My co-signer has been cussed out by Sallie Mae reps when she was trying to find out about this loan. Everyone would rather swear us out than try to help us get to the bottom of this. I have been told by GRC that I have to hire a lawyer before I can dispute this collection. I thought collection agencies were suppose to help you and let you dispute a claim if you have a legitimate reason. I have been trying to find a lawyer to help me with this, but cant find one that deals with these disputes. We have been keeping up with all the other loans, but just want to know what happened with this loan and why were getting cussed for asking questions. GRC is about to garnish my wages and hold my taxes and if they do that, I wont have any money for my bills. I believe that their trying to bully people into paying money they dont have in order to keep from dying themselves. If anyone out there can point me to a lawyer who can help me sue them to get to the bottom of this and help punish them for bad business practices, please mail me.

Lirit
Sugar Grove, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2008 07:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GRC-Grc-General-Revenue-Corp-General-Revenue-Corporation/Cincinnati-Ohio-45249-1643/GRC-Grc-General-Revenue-Corp-General-Revenue-Corporation-Collections-for-Sallie-Ma-394837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on G.R.C - Grc - General Revenue Corp - General Revenue Corporation

COLLECTION AGENCY'S ARE NOT THERE TO HELP YOU!

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Where you got that idiotic idea I have no idea.

They are there to collect a debt. They do not care about you or what you claim.

If you did not receive the loan in question - you need a lawyer.
www.budhibbs.com - you can locate a lawyer here as well as learn how to deal with collections.