Complaint Review: GREE TREE AKA CONSECO FINANCE

• Submitted: Wed, August 06, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, August 06, 2003

• Reported By:SUN CITY California
GREE TREE AKA CONSECO FINANCE
PO BOX 79021 CITY OF INDUSTRY, California U.S.A.

GREE TREE AKA CONSECO FINANCE ripoff ILLEGAL COLLECTION PRACTICES/ABUSIVE PHONE CALLS CITY OF INDUSTRY California

Conseco/Green Tree is the worst company I have ever delt with. We were in the middle of a refinance and had been advised not to make a payment to Green Tree as our escrow was to close before payment was due. Our escrow close was delayed by 10 days so I called Green Tree to advise them of the change and when they would receive payment. 2 day later I received a phone call from the collections department.

I was told that if I did not make a payment by phone they would make sure my escrow never closed. I was screamed at, called a lair and hung up on. When I got ahold of the manager he was no better. He was rude and threatening. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau & the State Attorney Genral's Office.

This company should be put out of business. Their practices are discusting.

Tiffany
SUN CITY, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2003 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GREE-TREE-AKA-CONSECO-FINANCE/CITY-OF-INDUSTRY-California-91716/GREE-TREE-AKA-CONSECO-FINANCE-ripoff-ILLEGAL-COLLECTION-PRACTICESABUSIVE-PHONE-CALLS-CITY-65376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GREE TREE AKA CONSECO FINANCE