Complaint Review: GREEN DOT PREPAID

• Submitted: Tue, December 25, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 25, 2007

• Reported By:Newark New Jersey
GREEN DOT PREPAID
P.O. Box 1187, Monrovia, California U.S.A.

GREEN DOT PREPAID activation failure scam visa mastercard apply online debit card hangs up Monrovia California

Do not sign up for green dot online for a prepaid card!!! it's a total joke!! I waiting weeks and weeks, and never got a response!!! they guaranteed the card to come in the mail 5-10 business days!!

I applied for one online, and entered my personal information... after that they told me to call this number 1-877-434-3578. to complete my activation....

And I did... after that the system told me enter ur account number? and I was confused because I didn't have one yet. so there it said then enter ur SSN # and I did and ALL I KEEP getting is a message ur card activation is still under review thank you goodbye and hangs up!!!

THIS WAS AROUND THE HOLIDAYS SO IT SAID THAT THEY ARE VERY BUSY!
but still I don't believe that crap.. there was no way at all to reach customer care... it's like there invisible on the phone lines... so what I had to do was write a letter to them explaining the problem and still never got a response!!!

It was like I was being ignored the whole time. After a month later I tried to access my account online with my activation number and it said error!! sorry for the inconvenience... so this is why I'm reporting GREEN DOT... right now

I'm sure there were many people who have bin screwed this way!! if u have please contact me!!!
TAKE CARE AND REMEMBER DO NOT SIGN UP IT'S A SCAM!!

Jade87
Newark, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/25/2007 08:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GREEN-DOT-PREPAID/Monrovia-California-91017/GREEN-DOT-PREPAID-activation-failure-scam-visa-mastercard-apply-online-debit-card-hangs-up-294375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GREEN DOT PREPAID