Complaint Review: GREEN DOT VISA PRE-PAID CARD

• Updated: Mon, March 15, 2010

• Reported By:nola Louisiana
GREEN DOT VISA PRE-PAID CARD
greendotonline.com Internet U.S.A.

GREEN DOT VISA PRE-PAID CARD Lack of Knowlege and Training needs to be updated!!!! Also Call Centers need to be back in the United States!!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: reload cards

I just recently purchased a green dot visa pre-paid card. The first one ever. I went to activate it and i thought i had been connected to a Drunk person. I had
to ask several times to repeat . I had to give my mailing address several times words were very slurred and I could NOT understand everything being said.

Then I was approched by the 19.95 upgrade of my Green Dot pre-Paid Visa Card. I politely declind the off, as I thanked him for telling me. Then he said, the activation is in progress. well as sure as the Sun is Bright, I swear he hung up on me! I had to call the 800# to get my Acct # and exp. date. Well, new to ordering on the internet, My Daughter had picked out a Prom Dress, on Sale and i was ordering it. The last step was the 3 dight security code. NO CODE!!! The @#%^&*! hungup on me(but i am sure they will say he did not )NO Prom Dress So i called and spoke to 2 different people. They heard my story, and told me, after 5 seconds the security code is gone off of the Computer. and they do not keep a record.

I then talked to a Supervisor, Who was genuinely nice, and did speak clearly. I told her i understood the situation, but it wasnt't acceptable.

That the Company needs to re-train, and educate the people in the call centers to effeciently help new activations or repeat activations. My Issue is Getting People to Learn the Process of the Activations, manners, Correct guidelines, Drug & Alcohol tests, and Most of all putting Back Call Centers in the United States.

Binnie
nola, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2008 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GREEN-DOT-VISA-PRE-PAID-CARD/internet/GREEN-DOT-VISA-PRE-PAID-CARD-Lack-of-Knowlege-and-Training-needs-to-be-updated-Also-Ca-316050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GREEN DOT VISA PRE-PAID CARD

reload cards

AUTHOR: soliscjw - (United States of America)

I work in a store that sells Green Dot cards and just wanted to let people know to be sure to scratch of the number on the back before buying them if you do not and part of the number comes off it can take weeks or months before you get your money back from green dot and the stores can not refund your money if the transaction has gone through successfully. Dealing with the customer non-service reps at Green Dot is a pain in the head. If the store will not let you scratch off the numbers (the stores do not get charged for cards until active so by scratching off a number on a defective card won't cost them a thing but will save you a huge chunk of time) go some where that will allow you to scratch off the numbers first