Jefferson

• Submitted: Mon, November 01, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, January 27, 2005

• Reported By:Richford New York
GREEN TREE SERVICING - CONSECO
3 Executive Park Drive, Suite 14 Bedford, New Hampshire U.S.A.

GREEN TREE - CONSECO - GREEN TREE SERVICING and WHATEVER NAMES THEY CALL THEMSELVES ripoff fradulent breach of agreement Bedford New Hampshire

*Consumer Comment: Unfortunatley Your Responsible

*Consumer Comment: What's Next

I purchased a mobile home in September 1999 and paid on this home for four complete years before I decided I was buying a real house. I contacted Green Tree/Conseco or whatever the heck they want to be called and told them I wanted to voluntarily surrender the mobile home as I could not afford two mortgages. At that time I was a single mother with one child (he's 18 now).

They said sure and that they would send be a form to complete. And so they did, but must I say that the Notice/form was dated 7/24/03 and I didn't even talk to them until around the end of August beginning of September. Anyway, I received it, and it states that "I understand that this waiver and renunciation is made in consideration of a release of me from liability for any deficiency in the secured indebtedness only if a new buyer is found who meets Green Tree's credit requirements and a transfer of my manufactured home is completed.?

Furthermore, it states that "I remain obligated and liable for the payment of any deficiency, if allowed by state law, in accordance with the Security Agreement, upon such indebtedness if Gree Tree Servicing LLC is unable to find a new buyer."

Well, lo and behold, they found a buyer and did not inform me until about 6 months afterwards when they decided to contact me for payment of what is due (amount financed minus amount received for selling mobile home). Well, you know they only sold the mobile home for $4,000.

Please tell me that I am not liable for this balance as they stated above I AM RELEASED FROM LIABILITY FOR INDEBTEDNESS IF THEY FIND A NEW BUYER. They found a buyer and it's not my problem they did not sell the mobile home for what is owed on it.

In my eyes, I have more than paid for this home in the four years I paid them a payment each month, on time, with 14.25% INTEREST.

Now, they are harassing me and telling me I have to pay this or they are going to garnish my wages.

These people are very CROOKED and I'm not paying them anything.
Thanks-

Brenda
Richford, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2004 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GREEN-TREE-SERVICING-CONSECO/Bedford-New-Hampshire-03110/GREEN-TREE-CONSECO-GREEN-TREE-SERVICING-and-WHATEVER-NAMES-THEY-CALL-THEMSELVES-ripoff-115569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GREEN TREE SERVICING - CONSECO

Unfortunatley Your Responsible

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

I to have a home with this company and many others like us. I could have surrendered the home when I filed chapter 7 and didn't due to circumstances out of my hands. They also filed bankruptcy since I have had my loan with them and were in financial distress when the loan was granted to me. When a company takes or repo's something from you they sell it to the highest bidder even if it's alot less than you owe them to get rid of it and they still collect from you. So it's always to their advantage. Rather than them garnashing your wages try and work out payments with them and if down the road you should beable to get another consolidation loan include them or if you should file bankruptcy include them but for them to take anymore from you than they already have lets them win once again.

What's Next

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

The same exact thing with me. They sold my mobile home for $5,000 and then told me I owed them the rest of the pay off $27,000. Now they are trying to garnish my wages.

This insanity has to stop.
What has happened to you since they demanded more money?