Complaint Review: GREENDOT MONEY CARD

• Updated: Tue, April 17, 2012

• Reported By: Jarvis — BALTIMORE Maryland United States of America
GREENDOT MONEY CARD
MONROVIA, CA Internet United States of America

GREENDOT MONEY CARD WALMART GREENDOT, GREENDOT, GE MONEY BANK, SYNOVOUS BANK GREENDOT CORP IS A FRAUD & CONTINUES 30DAYS LATER TO HOLD MY $6,000 TAX REFUND Internet

*Author of original report: Anybody else have any useful suggestions? 31 DAYS STILL NO RESOLUTION

*Consumer Comment: The IRS may be the root of the problem.

My name is Jarvis Thompson, this is my 2nd report against GREENDOT. I followed the advice of others posted on here emailing GREENDOT ADVOCACY, GREENDOTCORP, calling every number people posted onhere besides the one on the card....30 DAYS LATER after sending everything BUT MY DNA ON A STAMP, they have stillcontinued to request more info. What more do they need besides a GOVT issued ID, my SSn card, mytaxes for last 3 yrs, a utility bill, my lease, AND I KID YOU NOT MY RECENT JAIL PAPERS. Yesssss, all of this to end up speaking to someone that can barely speak ENGLISH that I cant understand!

Stillno direct number and every rep that answers an actual phone line gives the same run around, "we just received your documents and it will be 10 business days!" I have REFAXED all the documents including a NOTARIZED LETTER THAT REQUIRED MY ID TO GET which should have over-rode any and all other documents they requested. You would think,right???????????????????????????????????

WRONG! I am beyond frustrated, I dont know what else to do. I wrote the Better Business Bureau, called my local tv station and awaiting a response from them. But the only response I need is from Greendot to unlock my card.

The best part...they have a voicemail that PROMISES TO RETURN YOUR CALL WITHIN 2 BUSINESS HOURS. i HAVE LEFT 4 MESSAGES, are they on Japan's time?

Does anybody else know what I can do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2012 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GREENDOT-MONEY-CARD/internet/GREENDOT-MONEY-CARD-WALMART-GREENDOT-GREENDOT-GE-MONEY-BANK-SYNOVOUS-BANK-GREENDOT-CORP-869900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GREENDOT MONEY CARD

Anybody else have any useful suggestions? 31 DAYS STILL NO RESOLUTION

AUTHOR: J''s sister - (United States of America)

Of course the tax refund was MINE and the cards were both in my name! I even sent copies of my 2009,2010 taxes to show I always split my refund in half. I sent a NOTARIZED LETTER AS WELL. As in notary republics are sworn in the courts by judges to be honest right? So if I sent a NOTARIZED statement and had to show my gov't issued ID this should have shown that I was who I say I am. I had to send them a copy of my lease, my court papers ,a utility, my social, the only thing I havent been asked to send and RESEND BY THE WAY 5 TIMES EACH FAX, WAS MY DNA.

Tonight I was put on hold for 40 minutes by the actual RESOLUTION DEPT to be conveneiently hung up on and then when I called back got the message to "leave a message and you will be called back within 2 HOURS"...YOU WOULD THINK THE sr rep THAT LOST MY CALL WOULD CALL  ME BACK IF IN FACT THEY WERE EVER EVEN REVIEWING MY FILE during any of the 40 min I was on hold since my phone number is in the file, right? So then I call again to the number on the card and I can almost swear the 'supervisor' that took over the call was the same lady I spoke to earlier and lastt friday that has yet to return my call.

I got the same line again " we will email the updates and your request to our RESOLUTION dept and someone will call you back tomorrow".

When I asked for the rep that left me his extensionand name 'SARO', they told me he was not available. What does that mean? Is he off, is he on another call? Does he still work here?

Come one now. Something has to give. NOBODY HAS RESPONDED TO MY EMAILS I SENT THE LAST 48 HRS. NOBODY! So to anybody encouraging or posting a supposed direct email or phone number, that is CRAP TOO!

The IRS may be the root of the problem.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

They will NOT make a tax refund to the card unless it is in the taxpayers name and if a joint return is filed, the card must be in the same names.  Have you checked this out?

You should be able to read the rules at the IRS website.  This happens to people EVERY year

expenditures