Complaint Review: GRIP Phone Protection Plan

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: April — Fairacres New Mexico United States of America
GRIP Phone Protection Plan
Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

GRIP Phone Protection Plan Go wireless Phone Protection Plan Don't get a GRIP insurance plan for your phone or wifi device! Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: GoWireless is a Verizon re-seller, not a corporate store

*General Comment: GRIP is affiliated with GoWireless, not Verizon.

*General Comment: *sigh*

Buyer beware: 2 years ago I bought a Droid cell phone and wireless air card from a Verizon reseller, for coverage in the event the devices were lost or stolen. The cost was $5.99/device per month, that is debited from your checking account or credit card, in addition to your cell phone bill. My phone was recently stolen. Upon going to the Verizon store in the town it was stolen, I was told they never heard of GRIP. Since I was on the road, desperate to replace the phone and not having the resources to research/file a claim, I didn't make the effort to contact GRIP. I called them today to file a claim and cancel the service. Of course, you can't do both at the same time. Plus, there is a $75 deductible. I cancelled and cut my losses, as a I don't need the stress of filing a claim and giving them even more money. I'm out a lot of money because I was an unsavvy consumer. Don't let this happen to you. These plans are unscrupulous. Don't be oversold!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GRIP-Phone-Protection-Plan/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89129/GRIP-Phone-Protection-Plan-Go-wireless-Phone-Protection-Plan-Dont-get-a-GRIP-insurance-pl-982191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GRIP Phone Protection Plan

GoWireless is a Verizon re-seller, not a corporate store

AUTHOR: David - ()

This is the insurance they offered me when I upgraded to a Galaxy Note II.  GoWireless is a good company so far. They even figured out a way to "finagle my unlimited data package with my new contract term. Regular Verizon will get rid of that when you are up for contract renewal. I noticed this on my bank statement and was concerned but then I saw this "scam" report, and it put my mind at ease. This is not a scam, this is the coverage you opted to pay for to protect your $700 phone (in my case). I actually had the coverage when I was still using my Galaxy S and had to use it. Paid a $50 deductible, and had a new phone by the next day.

#2 General Comment

GRIP is affiliated with GoWireless, not Verizon.

AUTHOR: Andy - (United States of America)

You probably bought your phone at a GoWireless store, not an actual Verizon Store.  So you should have gone to a GoWireless store to exercise your warranty, not a Verizon store.

#3 General Comment

*sigh*

AUTHOR: Elance - (USA)

look man there is a reason you get phone insurance and pay 7 $ a month you are in a two year contract if you break your phone that does not break your contract and most smart phones are around $700 for a new one so your $75 sounds pretty reasonable to me... just a question what did you do with your broken pos phone?! and your contract?!