Complaint Review: GRIP from GoWireless

• Reported By: BJF — Little Egg Harbor New Jersey
GRIP from GoWireless
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

GRIP from GoWireless Holy Nonsense and BS!! Las Vegas Nevada

I have been paying for this service since 2011.  I just got an email that my fees are to be increased in January by $2 making my monthly payment $7.99.  I called today to replace my exhisting phone as the battery doesn't hold a charge.  I was informed that although I have been paying 2 years @ $5.99 a month(a total of $143.76) I have to pay $75 to get a new phone!

I have no idea how this so called insurance company thinks that they are helpful at all to Verizon customers.  My phone is totally old and has NO smart phone capabilities, I could sell it for like five bucks, yet to get a service I have been paying towards for 2 years, I need to give 75 dollars???!!!

The rep told me to just go to Verizon to get a better phone cheaper, hmmm...I don't have that option as this is on a family plan and other members have used all available upgrades.  Thanks for NOTHING you stupid rip-off company!

Oh and it would have been nice to know they are not Verizon because when I tried to get a new phone at the store, they told me I had no insurance even though I had been paying since I bought the phone!!!!!

Obviously I told GRIP that this "service" was not worth my money and they needed to immediately cancel my coverage.  They billed me yesterday, but said that I will be reimbursed...We shall see about that!

Sincerely, Not holding my breath as I am too annoyed anyway!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GRIP-from-GoWireless/Las-Vegas-Nevada/GRIP-from-GoWireless-Holy-Nonsense-and-BS-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1096941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GRIP from GoWireless