Complaint Review: GSI, Grant Services - Grant Services Incorporated

• Submitted: Mon, September 26, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, September 26, 2005

• Reported By:Springfield Massachusetts
GSI, Grant Services - Grant Services Incorporated
P.O. Box 129 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

GSI, Grant Services - Grant Services Incorporated FRAUD; US GOVERNMENT DOESN'T WORK THIS WAY! DO NOT FALL FOR IT, PHONE NUMBER DOESN'T EXIST; CANNOT CONTACT ripoff; SCAM, you wil not recieve money; do not give out personal information Champlain New York

Dear fellow consumers,

I just came back from vacation in Jamaica, Cayman etc, and my roomate tells me that some woman has been harrassing him calling very frequenly telling me its regarding my mastercard bill. Now I'm all confused because I'm not late on any of my credit cards.

Today I get the phone call from the same number he was talking about and she tells me she's from Grant Services Incoporated goes through her whole speal about how I'm approved for a $6000 grant because of the "low" tax bracket that I fall under. She said they are affiliated with the United States Government and it's guaranteed and I don't have to pay it back.

Then she asks for my banking info. I get mad at her and express how crazy it is to give out personal info. over the phone. She explains its the processing fee etc. etc. I ask for information on the company, she gives me the customer service number stating to me now to tell anyone that she gave it to me before the confirmation (a.k.a. giving my banking numbers)because she could get in trouble.

I end up walking right into the trap BUT thank god for this website because as soon as I saw the other comments and after talking to my mother about how the government DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY WHEN THEY GIVE OUT GRANTS, I now see that they are scam artists and have to close my bank account. Lucky for me I have another account and don't necessarily need this account. Otherwise I would have been screwed. By the way the phone number DOESN'T EXIST. I called it right after the conversation and I keep getting a busy signal. GO FIGURE!

AVOID THE HEADACHE I NOW HAVE PUT UPON MYSELF! TO GET A REAL LEGITAMATE GRANT YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH AN APPLICATION PROCESS FIRST! YOU DON'T JUST AUTOMATICALLY RECIEVE GRANTS OUT OF NOWHERE!! AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO GIVE OUT YOUR BANKING INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE!! AND IF THEY AREN'T WILLING TO ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COMPANY RUN! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, BUT I KNOW NOW AND I KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO GET PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO SMARTEN THEM UP AND I WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING TO DO TO SHUT THESE PEOPLE DOWN!!

Again, it all goes back to listening to your instincts. If it were that easy to get free money, would not this world be in a better place. IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS!

Deanna
Springfield, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2005 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GSI-Grant-Services-Grant-Services-Incorporated/Champlain-New-York-12919/GSI-Grant-Services-Grant-Services-Incorporated-FRAUD-US-GOVERNMENT-DOESNT-WORK-THIS-W-158381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GSI, Grant Services - Grant Services Incorporated