Complaint Review: GSI - Grant Services

• Reported By:Colonial Heights Virginia
GSI - Grant Services
Nationwide U.S.A.

GSI - Grant Services Government Grants Ripoff Nationwide

I was contacted by a James Pryce (badge#: 1246) on Feb. 7 and was told that I had been approved for a grant of $6000 because I fit into a tax bracket. I was also told that I would need to pay a registration fee of $298, which was to be taken from my account on Feb. 17. Much like everyone else, I fell for it, gave them my bank routing number and account number and was transfered to their "verification system".

I was instructed to use only yes or no answers and to save any questions until after the recording. During the call, I was starting to feel like this was too good to be true and was wondering why the processing fee for a government grant was so high. Well, I decided to look this company up on the internet and stumbled upon this site. Needless to say, I've just gotten off the phone with my bank (thank God for the 24 hour customer service!). I explained the situation to them and they also recommended that I close my account and transfer funds to a new one. I didn't even have to go to the bank, everything was easily done over the phone. If it wasn't for this site, I would have gotten swindled for my money. Thank you to everyone for warning hardworking people about these no good thieves.

Deidra
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2006 02:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GSI-Grant-Services/nationwide/GSI-Grant-Services-Government-Grants-Ripoff-Nationwide-175270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GSI - Grant Services