Complaint Review: GT Contracting

• Updated: Fri, March 29, 2013

• Reported By: Sam — Burnaby British Columbia
GT Contracting
1905 9595 Erickson Drive Burnaby, British Columbia United States of America

GT Contracting Rene Gieseler Claimed to do renovation. Ripped apart our home. Drunk on the job. In hand took $21000.00. Caused $175000.00 of damage never to be seen again. Put a stop work order on my home, and now I am homeless. Burnaby, British Columbia

Summer of 2012, Rene Giesler posed as an honest contractor hired to do exterior work.  This person was continually late, didn't show up on the job.  When he did he was drunk.  He demanded money and to date has been paid $21000.00.

He ripped siding off the house.  He left garbage and beer bottles around my home.  Hired unprofessionals to do work.  As the summer progressed my house deteriorated significantly, no work being done, no shows, and yet taking money from me.  He purchased tools under my name, and stole them.He told me there was no need for permits.

I fired him, and upon this he didn't do any work, took the$21000.00.  When I demanded my tools, he refused, and also had people with him, which was threatening.  As vindication, he had the city put a stop work order on my home.

To date, I had to hire another contractor.  The city, will not lift this stop work order and I have now lost $100 000.00 to the new contractors plus the $21 000.00 that I gave to the scam drunk Rene Giesleler. I have lost all my tenants, and running out of money as well as my home.

I wonder how Mr Giesleler can live with himself?  I am an honest man, a single father.  Please be aware of this person, do not hire him or any of this co-horts.  I hope karma gets him back.  There needs to be more protection and rights for those who have been scammed and cheated by people Rene Gieseler.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 10:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GT-Contracting/Burnaby-British-Columbia-V3J-7N9/GT-Contracting-Rene-Gieseler-Claimed-to-do-renovation-Ripped-apart-our-home-Drunk-on-th-1039208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GT Contracting