Complaint Review: GTB Dealership

• Reported By: Jess — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
GTB Dealership

GTB Dealership Aimco Group, Aiimco Job Scam Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Aimco

There was a job posted on Indeed.com from GTB Dealership for full and part time receptionist and cashiers. I sent my resume to admin@gtbdealership.com on January 8th. A few weeks later (Jan. 22nd) I received a reply to the email from Ernest Freedman <info@aiimco.com> saying that he was the CFO of Aimco Group. (Notice the email address is spelled aIImco, but the company he claims to be from is AImco - with one 'I'.) Neither of these companies is GTB Dealership.

The email from Ernest Freedman asks for personal information and is obviously a scam. I just wanted to post the info so that people could see it before applying for the GTB Dealership - which doesn't exist. I now see that the indeed posting is in cities all over the US. The email from info@aiimco.com says:

Congratulations!

I got your resume and it has been reviewed by Human Resources. I am happy to inform you that after close consideration with your resume, you have been accepted and given provision appointment.  About us: Aimco is a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and is one of the largest owners and operators of apartment homes in the country. Aimco is a top provider of apartment homes to nearly 250,000 residents. Aimco has properties in 38 states, As a leading S&P 500 company with over 25 years of proven performance, Aimco has a unique blend of experience and ingenuity in apartment management, financing and investing in conventional and affordable housing communities...I am the Chief Financial Officer of Aimco.
I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is a part time position and flexible, your activities amongst other things will include; Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring. Scheduling program's, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.  Basic wage is $400 Weekly, I'm sure you'll understand i tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as i am presently Out of Town on a business trip, i will be back in three Weeks. We will set up a formal interview as soon as i am back in the states to sign the necessary documents (W2, 1099). I have been checking my files and I'll need you to run some errands for me Next week, i will get you more information on that. I will also have some funds sent to you to carry out the assignments as well as your weekly salary. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:
Personal Information
First Name:
Last Name:
Address(P.O box not allowed):
City:State:Zip Code:
Mobile (For SMS):

Once i have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the next steps and tasks. Your information requested is needed for our company database as an employee and i assure you that your information is safe and will not be shared. Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Best regards,
Ernest M. Freedman
Chief Financial Officer
Aimco Group

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GTB-Dealership/internet/GTB-Dealership-Aimco-Group-Aiimco-Job-Scam-Internet-1001024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GTB Dealership

Aimco

AUTHOR: Aimco SSC Support - (United States of America)

Hello, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately no contacts were left for us to reach out to you in regards to your concerns. We would be grateful for an opportunity to speak with you directly if you could call 800-999-8600 or email us at sscsupport@aimco.com. Thank you.