• Submitted: Tue, September 09, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 09, 2008

• Reported By:Northridge California
4999 36TH STREET SE Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

GUARDSMAN PROTECTION PLAN refused claim, paid $1100 for this plan,told to contact mfgr?!!since not a tear but a snag Grand Rapids Michigan

Filed claim on 5/2 received no response. Contacted company 9/9 to inquire about claim..it was denied. Since my recliner sofa got a "snag" from my earring when the springs dropped out of the bottom. It has to be a tear or a rip! Told to contact the mfgr as they don't order parts for repairs!

I told them I want a refund for the plan and they said no they don't do that..yet in their service agreement it states the following: "if the particular store location where you originally purchased your furniture has closed, no longer carries Guardsman as a supplier, changed ownership, or has stopped selling new furniture since your purchase, Guardsman will give you a refund of the original purchase price of this Protection Plan". We purchased our furniture from Levitz who went brankrupt. I requested the refund and was told that they don't do that. They only will refund when there isssomething under the plan that they cannot fix! There are no stipulations on their service plan.
We want the $1033.97 refunded to us.

Pam @ Guardsman was curt and to the point we won't refund..contact the mfgr for your repair! I asked who is the mfgr and she told me to look at the tags on my furniture. We purchased this plan so that these issues wouldn't occur. This is definitely a company that
has a "screw you attitude"! They don't care because they already have our money. What can be done? Do we have to file a lawsuit?

Northridge, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2008 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GUARDSMAN-PROTECTION-PLAN/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49518-0010/GUARDSMAN-PROTECTION-PLAN-refused-claim-paid-1100-for-this-plantold-to-contact-mfgrs-371169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GUARDSMAN PROTECTION PLAN