Complaint Review: GUTHY-RENKER

• Submitted: Thu, December 20, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 20, 2012

• Reported By: Too Old For This — Agua Dulce California United States of America
GUTHY-RENKER
3340 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica, California United States of America

GUTHY-RENKER Wen Haircare, Meaningful Beauty, Pro-Activ, Sheer Cover, Principal Secret GUTHY-RENKER "CLUB MEMBER" POLICIES Santa Monica, California

GUTHY-RENKER CLUB MEMBER POLICIES

Guthy-Renker is the sneakiest company I have ever come across.

Their "member" programs are a scam. I'm 60 years old, & sad to admit, I was hooked by them once again! I should have learned, but they act like they've streamlined their programs, and it's different.  It's not.

Supposedly, being one of their "Club Members" (w/any of their product lines), saves you money by offering you the item at a "discounted" price. They are trained to dazzle you by talking so much, and throwing so many figures at you, that you don't realize that, ultimately, you'll be spending more on said product than you would ever spend if you just called & ordered the product when you needed it!!

And then they bill you monthly or sometimes many times in one month.

Then, they don't notify you when they charge you.  So by the time you start realizing whats going on, youve spent hundreds on 2 bottles of shampoo!!  I am not exaggerating, either!!!!

It is designed in such a way as to be so confusing, no one has the time or energy to deal with it.

We wouldn't think such a large company would be involved in "unfair practices", that they're regulated, etc.

And they count on this!!

In this particular case, I discovered "Wen" shampoo & absolutely love it.
If you become a member, youll get each bottle @ about $5-$7 cheaper than if you're not a member. What a great deal, right??

What they don't tell you - they charge you $19.95/month for the honor of being a "club member".

A one sentence answer.

That's all that was needed, yet it took me 2 hours with them, before I could get a straight, simple answer!!

Calling them is a nightmare. I swear they are trained to confuse!  And I have a college degree wouldnt you think Id be smarter?

I asked for Supervisors, and then the Supervisor's Supervisor.

I was disconnected many times, lied to, and manipulated to such a degree, that I feel Guthy-Renker should be sued in a Class-Action Lawsuit.

And that's very strong language for me to use, considering I was a Paralegal, & don't threaten legal action lightly.

So, whether it's Cindy Crawford's line ("Meaningful Beauty"), WEN Shampoo, Bare Minerals, or any of the other MANY products they offer -

Don't get hooked into their scam.

Enjoy your shopping, but do not join their "clubs!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GUTHY-RENKER/Santa-Monica-California-90405/GUTHY-RENKER-Wen-Haircare-Meaningful-Beauty-Pro-Activ-Sheer-Cover-Principal-Secret-GUT-984847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GUTHY-RENKER