Complaint Review: GUTHY-RENKER

• Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Anonymousville Utah
GUTHY-RENKER
3340 OCEAN PARK BLVD Internet United States of America

GUTHY-RENKER Pro-Activ Sold Fake Debt After 4 Years to a Debt Collector Internet

Jeez, where do I begin.  The fact is, is that after 4 years of resolving my issue with this aggressive mail-order company I'm still not done with them!

Just the other day I recieved an e-mail from RJM acquisitions stating that they bought debt (failed payment) from Guthy-Renker in the amount of $49.95.

In the e-mail it clearly states that the failed payment was from 2009, today is March 21 2013.  O.k., so you see where I'm coming from?  How can I argue my case against the debt when the case is long closed and resolved.  At least it was in my opinion.

Trying very hard to recall, I remember something about their free trial service.  I periodically made payments that came very few months or so.  In turn these paid into a shipment quarterly.  I made faithful payments, and not 1 problem occurred until I tried to cancel.  When I did try to cancel they tried to make sure this would not open.  First the lady on the phone suggested that I could not cancel now because I already made 1 of 3 of payments for the new shipment.  She said If I cancelled now, the $30 or so that was paid in would be non-refundable.  So I suggested I pay the balance and receive the last shipment.  This is what I did, account closed.  And from then on I continued to buy the product from the mail-kiosks so that I could better manage my supply.

Yet here we are, 4 years down the line, and somehow Guthy-Renker manages to sell NON-EXISTENT DEBT!

Even if you like Pro-Activ like I do, NEVER buy from them online.  Your personal information will never be safe from that day on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GUTHY-RENKER/internet/GUTHY-RENKER-Pro-Activ-Sold-Fake-Debt-After-4-Years-to-a-Debt-Collector-Internet-1036859. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GUTHY-RENKER