- Report: #1166485
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: GWC Warranty
GWC Warranty40 Coal Street Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania USA
GWC Warranty I purchased their top of the line warranty.and GWC has had my car in a repair shop for 5 weeks and won't repair it. Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Complaint about GWC (ULTRA) Warranty Company
My car stopped shifting gears so I called GWC and they sent a tow truck on June 27th, 2014 to pick up the car. (I was in CT and I live in NY). Today is July 31, 2014 and the car still has not been fixed due to a series of mistakes on their part.
1. They sent someone to drive my car to see what the problem was. He said there was nothing wrong with it. The mechanic asked him (GWC) to look at it again. He (GWC) said no, so the mechanic took it for a drive and had to have it towed again.
2. The transmission needs repair or to be replaced, but they refused to have the mechanic rebuild or put a new one in the car. They told me they would get one from a "junk yard". Since the car only has 51,000 miles on it I asked that they put in a new one or one with no more than 50,000 miles. They refused.
3. The part has not arrived at the mechanic because GWC sent the part to the wrong address. A full 4 weeks after they sent the part to the wrong place the mechanic still doesn't have it.
I am allowed to rent a car for five days of which they will pay $35 per day, according to my contract. I didn't rent a car the first week because I don't have "rental car money". When I realized that the car still wasn't being fixed I debated, but then decided to rent a car on July 8th so that I could carry on with my life. I asked that they pay the entire bill because it is their mistake(s) that caused me to have to rent in the first place. They said they would accommodate me by paying for 8 days @ $35 per day and refuse to budge. That same person (Joe Patrick) told me that I could not speak with his manager. I do not have the money to pay for this car and why should I have to incur costs because of their incompetence? As a corporation, not only would this be the right thing to do, but it's good customer service and they can afford it more than I.
On top of everything else they (GWC) had the audacity to have the attitude that I was annoying them, which is beyond measure. I purchased a top of the line warranty and they have made it their job to try to make me wish i had never entered into their contract. My experience with them more than distasteful. They clearly have a really bad reputation as the complaints online are too numerous to read.
After sending this information to the chief executive officers at GWC as well as the Better Business bureau, Chamber of Commerce, PA Attorney General I received a phone call from the Claims Manager who said to fax him the bill for the entire cost of the rental car. That conversation was had on July 21, 2014. I have received NO other phone calls or acknowledgement of service from GWC since July 21, 2014. My car has been on a lift at a garage for 5 weeks. The transmission could have been rebuilt since last week.
I want my car back. I want an executive to get in touch with me and acknowledge the incompetence of the claims department as well as make anything happen so that I receive my car now. I want them to honor the contract, finish having my car fixed and pay for the entire rental car bill that I wouldn't have incurred had it not been for all of their errors. I would like for there to be an investigation into this company as I cannot be the only person who is having trouble getting what I paid for from GWC.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GWC-Warranty/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18702-5236/GWC-Warranty-I-purchased-their-top-of-the-line-warrantyand-GWC-has-had-my-car-in-a-repai-1166485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.