Complaint Review: Gabe's Garage Doors

• Updated: Thu, August 23, 2012

• Reported By: Laurie — Norco California United States of America
Gabe's Garage Doors
1083 Placid Corona, California United States of America

Gabe's Garage Doors Took my deposit for my new garage door. Never got a door. Now I can't get my money back from him either. Corona, California

*Author of original report: Picture of door 8/23/12

*Author of original report: Owners rebuttal is a 100% lie!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gabes garage door never take someone hard earn money

I called Gabe's Garage Doors regarding a new garage door.  He showed up that afternoon to measure, showed me a catalog to pick my door, described the extra work he would need to do to make the door fit then took my deposit.  He scheduled my install for the following Saturday, but said he would call me within two days when he had picked up my door.  Friday came and I hadn't heard from him.  I called him and he said he had lost my phone number and had not been able to get my door, he would be here on Monday.   On Monday his wife called and said he could not come on Monday and would reschedule for Wednesday.  At that point, we called and asked if they were REALLY going to show up on Wednesday because we were getting tired of sitting at home waiting for someone who didn't want to show up.  They said yes, for sure.....they would be here Wednesday.
Well, Wednesday came and so did another phone call.  I asked to cancel the order and get my deposit back.  That was April 10 this all started and I am still trying to get my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gabes-Garage-Doors/Corona-California-92880/Gabes-Garage-Doors-Took-my-deposit-for-my-new-garage-door-Never-got-a-door-Now-I-cant-882702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gabe's Garage Doors

AUTHOR: LMoore - (United States of America)

Here is a picture of my garage door.  Taken 8/23/12.

Owners rebuttal is a 100% lie!

AUTHOR: LMoore - (United States of America)

I can't believe he had the nerve to put on this rip-off report that he has installed a garage door on my house!!!!  There is no new door - he has not returned my money - he has no "video" of a happy customer with a new door.  The wood garage door is still the same as it has been since 1974.  I still need a door so I would really appreciate my money back so I can but one from a reputable company.  Thanks.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gabes garage door never take someone hard earn money

AUTHOR: gabesgaragedoors - (United States of America)

This customer got there door I have picture and video to prove that the job was done yes it took us a little long to do the install but we did get it done.We make sure all of our customer are 110% satisfied with our services
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC