Gables At West Park Village over-priced, NO parking, poor A/C, major dust inside apartments deceptive company Tampa Florida .....
This place looks appealing, but after living here for 6 months I can tell you otherwise.
1. They just raised my rent to "market value" (+250 per month).
2. There is literally NO parking for residents. You are forced to find a spot along the street, if you're lucky. Behind each building are only a few parking spots -- not nearly enough compared to the number of residents in any building. Plus, there is no system to prevent any one resident from taking up 4 of those spots.
3. Poor construction. About 2 months of the year get pretty cold here in Tampa, Florida. When that happens, you can literally FEEL the cold air rushing in from the CLOSED windows ... and even through the non-insulated walls. Dumb-asses; insulation would have helped maintain inside-temperature preferences as well as keep out bad weather. That would help explain item #4.
4. My A/C bills are always high. One end of the apartment is 73 degrees while the other side is 83 (I have thermometers). I had an A/C expert assess the apartment and he reported that the A/C unit is insufficient for the size of the apartment (all apartments here have the same A/C unit regardless of the apartment size).
5. We've all seen dust, but NOTHING as bad as this place. If I dust today, by day-end tomorrow my furniture is covered again. Literally. The dust here looks like powered concrete (white/bright-gray in color). Could it be from all the never-ending construction within the complex?! But how the heck is it getting into my apartment (the windows are never open).
6. The only entrance in/out of this complex is through Montague Street which runs in-between a mall of stores/shops. People (non-residents) frequent this area and all but completely block off the narrow road leading to the apartments. An ambulance or fire truck would NOT fit through. It's amazing no one has filed a complaint yet.