Complaint Review: Gabrielli

• Submitted: Sat, July 14, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, July 14, 2012

• Reported By: Edward123 — Billericay Other United Kingdom
Gabrielli
170 Stourbridge Road Stourbridge West Mid DY9 7BU Stourbridge, Select State/Province United States of America

Gabrielli great website but behind the scenes what you see is not quite what they deliver Stourbridge , Other

Purchased two light shades on 8th May 2012 really looked nice on the web. My account was debited on 10th May 2012. Received the goods one week later by post. On 6th June 2012 I contacted them by both phone and e-mail to advise them that whilst I liked the product it was unfortunately the wrong size and I would like some slightly bigger ones but also with a slightly different design - I placed a re-order for two different shades with them accordingly and politely asked them to refund me the small difference in price.

On 11th June 2012 I received an e-mail back from Gabrielli telling me they have a 7 day returns policy and did not give me authority to return the original goods. Following the e-mail from Gabrielli on 11th June 2012 , I immediately phoned them and also sent them an e-mail staing this is totally unreasonable as it was normal practice for companies in the UK to have a 28 days return policy and despite their determination not to budge on the issue I returned the un-damaged goods by registered  post requesting either a refund or the new order with the shortfall re-credited to my account.
Despite several times trying to contact Gabrielli since 11th June 2012 they have tried to avoid my calls and have not responded to my chaser e-mail's.

On 14th July 2012 I managed to get someone say to me over the phone from the company that they will get someone to phone me back within the hour ... surprise surprise nothing. I later phoned them back and a gentleman from the company was extremely rude and stated they had not taken receipt of my return goods, nor were they prepared to do so , nor were they prepared to give me any money back. The whole issue is totally ridiculous they have got my returned goods by registered post they are now lying and keeping the money. I really think the company are appalling , their customer services terrible and to expect a consumer to return goods within 7 days totally unfair.

It has now become more as a matter of principle for myself as the monies involved are fairly small - they must have done this to a lot of consumers and they need to be exposed for poor integrity as a company and I am sure a lot of people have lost a lot more money than myself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2012 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gabrielli/Stourbridge-Select-StateProvince-DY9-7BU/Gabrielli-great-website-but-behind-the-scenes-what-you-see-is-not-quite-what-they-deliver-912103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gabrielli