Complaint Review: Gaem Stop

• Submitted: Wed, December 24, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Detroit Michigan
Gaem Stop
29740 Southfield Road Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Game Stop Dont Waste your money Southfield Michigan

*General Comment: Well...

*Consumer Comment: Buy the warranty

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Just so you have an idea

*Consumer Suggestion: And another ?

*Consumer Comment: Question..

On Saturday October 15, 2008, I purchased a refurbished play station two game for my Fiancee' for his birthday. The game worked up until December 8,2008. I called Game stop and informed them of what happend. I spoke with the store manager I explained to the manager that the game did not work and the exact date the game stoped working I asked the manager if i could come in and exchange the game for an exact duplicate. I was told no that their ploicy is: you can only exchange or recevie a refund up to thirty days on refurbished items.

I was livid, what kind of company will not allow for an even exchange (with the exact same game) Game Stop sold me a product that quit working within fifty three days? This company does not stand behind the merchandise that they market. Game Stop needs to make it clear with EVERY consumer that comes thru their door that the company will sell you refurbished merchandise and if it does not work beyond 30 days Oh Well~~~.

The game system that I purchased: Included the play station two game box and a couple of games the total was $99.00 and change. I recently called Game Stop and once again informed the clerk/or manager on duty, My dilemma. I asked the person how much of a trade would I get off of the broken system, she informed me that the sytem that I purchased on October 15,2008 for $99.00 and change. The trade would be a "WHOPPING" $11.00. That just added fuel to the fire.

That was my first and last time that I will "EVER" as a consumer purchase anything from Game Stop, My suggestion to anyone thinking of purchasing a refurbished game of any kind Please think long and hard. You might as well go outside and throw your money in the air and watch it blow down the street. I chose game stop because of a comerical I saw on television, I thought that purchasing the refurbished system was a good economical choice. This isn't over I am going to contact the BBB and If I can find them I will contact the Headquarters and anyone else who will listen.

Sandi
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2008 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gaem-Stop/Southfield-Michigan-48076/Game-Stop-Dont-Waste-your-money-Southfield-Michigan-404599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gaem Stop

#1 General Comment

Well...

AUTHOR: lalala - (United States of America)

Refurbished things do not work!

Buy the warranty

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

"As-is sale" that is teh best way of describing purchasing a used anything.

I shop game stop frequently and am constantly pestered when I buy games to get their "extra warranty" on the product. I game alot and take care of my games so I pass. If I ever bought a used system, however, I would not pass up on that just because i can keep a disc clean; I do not know the inner workings of a system.

Point being: They offer a 1yr warranty at extra cost. If your unsure about how long it will last, get it.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Just so you have an idea

AUTHOR: Miss_amor - (U.S.A.)

If you where to buy a new/used car and want to trade it in later. Do you get the same amount of money back? NO You get less then what you paid for.
On top of that the PS2 is a old system. For $30 more you could have gotten the PS2 New...So I'm sorry to tell you this but that's your own fault.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

And another ?

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

Was it the game or the unit that failed? You bought a used system, which usually means limited or no warranties. And many electronic products only have a 30 day warranty now.

Question..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

How long do you think they should warranty it for?

By the way did you check with Sony directly to see if they would take care of it?