Complaint Review: Gaf

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: murphman3207 — Saginaw Michigan United States of America
1361 Alps Road Wayne, New Jersey United States of America

Gaf Don't stand behind their warranty !!! Wayne, New Jersey

I have a roof that has GAF shingles on it. It is just over half its life and the shingle are shot. I have some in the valley that have holes in is and some that are falling off. This has cause a leak in my house and now I have either milder or mold in our closet. It did $2407.52 damage inside the house so far, maybe more, we won't know til they open up the ceiling. We got a price from a roofer to get the roof fixed and I got a quote of $3990.29. We contacted Gaf and they sent us paper work to fill out and wanted a shingle from the roof to examine, so we fulfilled their wish and sent them everything they wanted. Then they sent us a letter saying they needed the estimate on a letterhead. I sent them that the first time , but to make them happy I did it again.They sent another letter saying it will ne 3 to 5 weeks for a answer. It was almost a month later we get a letter from Gaf saying they will give us $200.20. They wanted us to sign a paper that released them for any other claims that might be made on the roof and they would send us a check for $200.20. WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE!!! We probably have that into having a roofer over to take off a shingle and send it in and tarping the roof. So I decided to file a complaint with the Better Busness Bureau to see if they can help me and make this right. I think it is only fair for them to pay for all the damage done inside the house due to faulty product and almost half of the shingles, labor , and wood the need to be replaced. I don't think I am asking for to much, just what i am entitled to . If you can't warranty and stand behind your product you shouldn't be in business !!! JUST A WORD OF ADVISE DON'T BY GAF SHINGLES, THE DON'T STAND BEHIND THEM OR WARRANTY THEM !!!!

Sincerly ,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gaf/Wayne-New-Jersey-07470/Gaf-Dont-stand-behind-their-warranty-Wayne-New-Jersey-955531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gaf