Complaint Review: Gaiam Americas, Inc

• Updated: Tue, April 02, 2013

• Reported By: Diane — Enfield Connecticut
Gaiam Americas, Inc
360 Interlocken Blvd Louisville, Colorado United States of America

Gaiam Americas, Inc Xpress Redi-Set-Go Cooker Sneaky! and Dishonest! Initial order starts at $39.95 and ends up $119.90 on credit card with additional charge of $49.90 six weeks later for "kit" that I did not order!! Louisville, Colorado

On 2/25/13 I ordered the xpress cooker thinking that it would be great in the summer when I like to keep the stove or the oven from heating up the house. My husband hates the heat! The initial deal looks like $39.95 for one, so I went on the website to order and saw the "get an additional cooker free!" offer. (Not really an offer because it is not an option to buy just one). When finalizing the order, I went for a single pay, not installments, because it is only $39.95, right? When finalizing the order, I saw the additional $39.95 for shipping, but no way to go with just the one cooker for $39.95. Even then, I still thought, okay, I will give one to a friend as a gift. Somehow the charge on my credit card came out to $119.70! Five weeks later, another charge to my credit card (which is a debit/charge card, so it came right out of my bank account! ) Good thing I noticed, right? These charges keep adding up and eventually I cold be looking at overdraft fees if they hit on, say, rent week, or sometime when I don't have fifty bucks extra in the bank! I called and asked customer service about it and was told I had opted for some extra or other, which i am positive that I did not. She said that when I received the package with the additional pans and recipe cards, I could just mark it "refused" on the box and send it back and they would refund the money. I have since read some other reports since this problem, and I don't think I will risk that. I think I had better send it back, insured and ask for confirmation that it was received or I won't see my $49.90 again. I read another review that stated another consumer had sent theirs back and, at the time of writing the review, still had not received any money back. I SO wish that I had read that before I ordered mine! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! THEY ARE CON-ARTISTS WITH A TV AND WEB BASED BUSINESS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gaiam-Americas-Inc/Louisville-Colorado-/Gaiam-Americas-Inc-Xpress-Redi-Set-Go-Cooker-Sneaky-and-Dishonest-Initial-order-starts-1040049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gaiam Americas, Inc