Complaint Review: Gaico

• Updated: Tue, September 17, 2013

• Reported By: Guyana recruiter is a thief — Georgetown Other
Gaico
Middle Street Georgetown Nationwide Guyana

Gaico This company is ripping guyanese people off they are taking money from individuals to secure jobs on Royal Caribbean Cruise. Georgetown Nationwide

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Recruting for RCCL Job by Gaico

This company Gaico recruiter located in Guyana South America is ripping Guyanese people for money. They are collecting money from individuals who apply for a job with the cruise ship. I had apply to this company over a year now and evertime i called the recruiting officer tells me "WE ARE SORRY WE DONT HAVE NO UPCOMING INTERVIEW FOR ANY POSITION AND WE DON'T KNOW WHEN WE WILL HAVE ANY". A friend of mine told me that i have to pass a money to them to secure my employment this i would not do since Royal Caribbean Cruise is already paying this recruiter to recruit persons for jobs. I would like the management of Royal Caribbean Cruise to look into this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gaico/nationwide/Gaico-This-company-is-ripping-guyanese-people-off-they-are-taking-money-from-individuals-1085140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gaico

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Recruting for RCCL Job by Gaico

AUTHOR: Gaico - ()

I write in response to an articel posted on your site dated September 17, 2013 wiht respect to recruting for jobs on Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruises. That articel is very eronous, wicked and untrue. The individual who wrote that article just dont know who the integrety of our company.

I outlined hereunder the rules for applying for a job on RCCL by us in Guyana;

• Crew members does not need to pay us any money for processing or to get a job. All applicants are processed free of charge.
  • Crew members needs to pay directly to the followling individuals or corporatin:
    • Medical - They pay the doctor directly
    • Visa - Thye pay the embassy directly
    • Airfare - Thye pay the airline directly
  • Upon completing an interview theses Crew Members (CM)will have to wait until we get a plaement for them. The period of wait is not within our control. It can range form 1 day to 1 year.

It is worthy of noting that Cm had to pay in the pas t to get a job on cruise ship, I still think person use our name to collect money fraduently from applicants. We had two case where we found that these two individual was collecting money and promising them jobs. One is from Berbice and the other is from Linden.

We encourage all applicants to apply directly to our office and do not pay anyone for a job. There is absolutely no processing fees. So again to the person making th accusation above, do not listen to hear say, get you facts right.

For you informaiton we do the recruiting to help our fellow Guyanese not to fleece them the way others do and use to do. So once again if anyone will like to get more details on our operation please feel free to contact me on 592-600-4161

Please dont waste time to respond I wil not write on this topic again. We do not take any cash from any crew members as such we should be careful about posting garbage obout our  company. We belief in ethical lbusines practices and we have proven that in many occassions.