Complaint Review: Gainesville Ford

• Submitted: Tue, October 30, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By: Larry — Starke Florida U.S.A.
Gainesville Ford
2201 N Main Street Gainesville, Florida United States of America

Gainesville Ford RIPPED ME OFF Gainesville, Florida

On October 5 2012 spoke with used car salesman about purchasing 2004 Ford F250 Pick up truck. Test drove truck, drove alright and seemed to have no problems. Salesman said he would speak with his manager about truck and get back with me.

Within about 5 minutes, manager called me into office and said truck had just been brought in two days ago and did not have any knowledge of truck. Said he suggested truck be checked out by garage diesel mechanic before he would release truck to be sold.

Left dealership and returned on October 6 2012 and met with sales manager and assured me everything checked out on truck. Three weeks later, took a trip to Rhode Island and EGR valve on truck went out. Stranded in Rhode Island, I contacted Gainesville Ford to report problem and informed me that they had NOT checked out truck as I was informed at the time of purchase.

I had to stay in hotel for two days, all the time, trying to contact Gainesville Ford to get truck repaired. No response, so I flew home on the third day (at my expense) and scheduled appointment with General Manager on Wednesday, but was informed that employee's involved in my sale , were not available until Monday October 29. 2012 @ 9:00 am.

Upon arrival on the 29th I was met by five representatives from Gainesville Ford and informed me that the truck was checked to make sure it rolled forward and back and that the light works. (Are you kidding me)

Representative had copy of Used Vehicle Inspection Checklist, (that I never received), and I asked if a Pressure Test for Cooling System was done, (it is on this inspection checklist) and they told me they did one, but I have no proof.

Long story short, they will not even talk to me about repairing truck and now I am out $9500.00 plus have no truck. (Still in Rhode Island)

Do not buy anything from Gainesville Ford or remember BUYER BEWARE! Don't believe anything they tell you, get in writing. LIARS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2012 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gainesville-Ford/Gainesville-Florida-32609/Gainesville-Ford-RIPPED-ME-OFF-Gainesville-Florida-962274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gainesville Ford