Complaint Review: Gainsaver.com/Steve Harper

• Updated: Wed, April 02, 2014

• Reported By: Atalossforwords — Paxton Massachusetts
Gainsaver.com/Steve Harper
Internet USA

Please do not do business with this fraudulent, deceptive and unprofessional company. My family purchased a "refurbished" Macbook Air in Jan 2013 for nearly $900.00. The Macbook keyboard is defective and upon bringing it to Apple for repair/diagnositics I was informed the serial # on the computer was reported STOLEN prior to our purchasing it from Gainsaver.

I've tried desparately to get help from Gainsaver's "customer service"-I submitted an online request for customer service and received no followup on the matter, I called and kept getting transferred to different extensions that lead to automated menus and no actual service rep except for "Steve Harper" the supposed Sales Manager-he was unbelievably rude and hung up on me.

The only response Gainsaver has provided was that this "really wasn't their problem" and all I could do was "request a return" and ship the laptop at my own expense back to them and they would "evaluate" and determine whether a store credit or refund could be provided. I have done some research and they have apparently got a history of refusing to issue refunds in full and "replacing" returned computers with other defective ones or simply not at all.

When I stated that I couldn't just mail them the apparently STOLEN product without any written agreement or terms as to how to proceed he hung up on me and told me to "stop calling and deal with it however I want." I am so upset and can't believe this company is still actually running with such unprofessional and ILLEGAL practices. I am pursing this with the Attorney General in my state and through my credit card company.

This company needs to be stopped-they are preying on consumers who cannot afford new computers and making a profit off of stolen and defective products. I encourage everyone who has experienced anything similiar to pursue action against the frauds at Gainsaver.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GainsavercomSteve-Harper/internet/GainsavercomGainaverSteve-Harper-SELLS-STOLENDEFECTIVE-APPLE-PRODUCTS-REFUSED-REQUES-1135788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gainsaver.com/Steve Harper