Complaint Review: Galaxy Mall, Galaxy Enterprises, Storesonline.com, Imergent Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, September 18, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, June 28, 2005

• Reported By:Lakewood CA
Galaxy Mall, Galaxy Enterprises, Storesonline.com, Imergent Inc.
754 E Technology Ave Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Galaxy Mall, Galaxy Enterprises, Storesonline.com, Imergent Inc consumer rip-off fraud misleading deceptive abused & mistreated Orem Utah
Rip-Off Report Investigation: shows that StoresOnline & iMergent is fulfilling its commitment to provide excellent customer service. Rip-off Report gives StoresOnline a POSITIVE rating in customer support and quality assurance. StoresOnline pledges to resolve complaints and address any issues from the past, present and in the future - committed to 100% satisfaction - whatever it takes say company executives.

*Consumer Comment: The contact person at SOL

*Consumer Suggestion: Person to contact at Stores Online for help

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact the FBI about StoresOnline!

I received a letter from storesonline.com inviting me to attend an internet business marketing seminar and free dinner for two, valued at $79 US dollars. The presentation was done quite proffesionally, although the so called dinner consisted of a ham sandwich, a bag of potato chips and a soft drink, hardly a 79 dollar value.

The true purpose of the seminar was to get me to go to an all day workshop, for which I was asked to pay a $20 fee to secure my place. There was a large number of senior citizens present, most of them have never even used a computer, they were told they didn't need a computer to start promoting their product, and a good percentage of them signed up for the workshop.

When I got home that night I did a search on the internet for complaints against storesonline.com, the results were astonishing, not only did I find dozens of complaints, but the rating by the Better Business Bureau was extremely unfavorable.

I decided to attend the workshop anyway, get my 20 dollars worth and at least try to persuade some of the senior citizens to research the company before giving them the $2,400 they were asking for. Only one hour into the workshop, we were all asked to fill out a credit check form, which included name and address, social security number and date of birth as well as telephone number.

My guest that day stood up and asked the speaker in front of everyone: Why should anyone give their social security number to a company that has been so poorly rated by the BBB and other rating organizations? The smile on the speaker's face vanished, we were asked to gather our belongings as we would not be staying, we were rudely escorted, almost pushed out of the building through the kitchen area, and directly to the hotel lobby, all the while the speaker was screaming at us, calling us dream takers and other names, and yelling out for security to make sure we didn't return to the hotel.

Luckily we were smart enough to research the company before dishing out the money, our only hope is that at least some of the 200 plus people there, had sense enough to do the same.

Norman
Lakewood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2002 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Galaxy-Mall-Galaxy-Enterprises-Storesonlinecom-Imergent-Inc/Orem-Utah-84097-6204/Galaxy-Mall-Galaxy-Enterprises-Storesonlinecom-Imergent-Inc-consumer-rip-off-fraud-mis-30398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Galaxy Mall, Galaxy Enterprises, Storesonline.com, Imergent Inc.

The contact person at SOL

AUTHOR: Shemonika - (U.S.A.)

This person may not be receptive to everyone who asks for their refund back based on the stories in here. The pending lawsuts may have them occupied, but this company is not going refund back all the money that consumers lost. By my estimates, Storesonline got at least $250,000 ( a rough estimate). Some people did not say how much they lost in here, but I do kknow the packages sell from $2500-$6000 (plus other extras not mentioned).

Like Paul said before, this is a scam! Contact your credit card company within 60 days and also file a complaint with the Attorney General in Utah and your home state.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

(801) 227-0004
(801) 812-8275 Fax
sguy@storesonline.com

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Contact the FBI about StoresOnline!

AUTHOR: Deanna - (U.S.A.)

I'm writing these individually in the hopes that you will consider filing a report with the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) about StoresOnline. If enough people do this, perhaps we will all get somewhere...