Complaint Review: Galaxy Member Benefits

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 12, 2008

• Reported By:woodbridge Virginia
Galaxy Member Benefits
3438 East Lake Rd #14 PMB# 602 Palm Harbor, Florida U.S.A.

Galaxy Member Benefits The Harrasment of 2008 Palm Harbor Florida

*UPDATE Employee: A Misunderstanding

My husband and I had been receiving phone calls for about 3 weeks. The # on the caller ID said SLG Sales. We never answered, but one day we finally got tired of receiving calls 6 times a day.

Apon answering the phone we were told that we had qualified for an unclaimed tax credit of $3,000. My husband and I are not the richest people in the world, though hesitent we willinly gave up our account info. We were told that we would receive the money the next day.

After giving all account info we were transfered back and forth to receive confirmation of our transaction. I immediatly asked to speak with a manager, and was transfered to a man that sounded exactly the same as the first representative. The man spoke very poor english thus pushing my suspicion even further. I kept demanding to speak to other managers but each time I spoke with someone who's english was more poor than the first guy.

Convinced that we had been scammed we called the IRS and they told us that they would never contact us over the phone, only by mail. We then called our bank (the same day) and canceled the account and alerted our local authorities.

If anybody can catch these guys I will be more than glad to help out, BECAUSE WE BELIEVE THAT THIS IS A PLOT TO FUND TERRORISM!!!!! DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

Jennifer
woodbridge, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2008 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Galaxy-Member-Benefits/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34684/Galaxy-Member-Benefits-The-Harrasment-of-2008-Palm-Harbor-Florida-301388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Galaxy Member Benefits

AUTHOR: Suzy - (U.S.A.)

I am a customer service manager at Galaxy Member Benefits, and I am here to make our wrongs right. A common misconception through the complaints I have read is that Galaxy Member Benefits contacts customers. We do not. We don't have a sales division, so we use 10-20 third-party marketing companies to contact customers and offer our membership on a trial basis. The orders are sent to us, and we review every verification recording to make sure the customer was interested (if the customer sounds confused or too hesitant, we do not allow the order to process). I am aware this does not totally pass the blame, so we have had conference calls and training classes to explain the seriousness of misleading customers.

We are also considering developing our own sales division to have more control over how customers are being contacted. If we become aware of any marketing company misleading consumers, we immediately halt sales and investigate. We have terminated agreements with marketing companies that we believe were not representing us in a fashion we desired. Previously, we were using a third-party mail house as well. They would provide us with shipping dates for all customers and we would calculate how long we allow the trial membership from that date, including time for the mail to be received.

In any case we received something back in the mail, we would cancel the customers account without billing them. We found this method to be insufficient, so we supply our own fulfillment now. We send out every welcome letter from our office now, and verify addresses before sending them. We have also updated our customer database, eliminating the chances of double billing and deleted cancellations. We do apologize for the inconvenience through our previous methods, and are more than willing to rectify any negative experiences. We have also extended our customer service hours, making it easier for customers to reach us. We are here from 9am-8pm Mon.-Fri., EST. at 1-800-974-7913.

A Misunderstanding