Complaint Review: Galaxy Member Benefits

• Submitted: Sat, January 12, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 22, 2008

• Reported By:Portage Michigan
Galaxy Member Benefits
3438 E Lake Rd Palm Harbor, Florida U.S.A.

Galaxy Member Benefits Misleading. Palm Harbor Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: I was scammed too!

*UPDATE Employee: Let Us Make It Right

I was phoned on Dec. 29th, 2007 with the news that I had been qualified by the Social Security Administration/ Federal Government to receive funds for the next six months. There was a $29.95 mentioned, but I was told that I was not responsible for that because I had been pre-qualified. I was told that I would have $500.00 deposited into my account by January 5th, 2008 and then also for the following five months after that. But instead, I have had two separate debits from my account of $29.95 and $299.95.

Shortly after giving my bank information, I realized I had just been mislead, and reported it to my bank, as well as the Social Security Administrations, Inspector General's Office, and Allegations Department. My bank refuses to block the debits without me paying "Stop Payment" Fees. As a result, I now have a negative balance in my account.

Ibeenscammed
Portage, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2008 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Galaxy-Member-Benefits/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34685/Galaxy-Member-Benefits-Misleading-Palm-Harbor-Florida-299383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Galaxy Member Benefits

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I was scammed too!

AUTHOR: Amelia - (U.S.A.)

I was scammed by a company that said they were Galaxy too. But when I called the galaxy company, they told me they used third party marketers. I called my cousin who is in the marketing field and had them look this copmpany up and she said that they do not make their own calls, and when I talked to galaxy they said they will give me my money back. So they ended up refunding the 19.95 and giving me a free month of their service. SO when i went on vacation I used the hotel discounts and car rental discounts and it was really good.

Let Us Make It Right

AUTHOR: Suzy - (U.S.A.)

I am a customer service manager at Galaxy Member Benefits, and I am here to make our wrongs right. A common misconception throughout the complaints I have read is that Galaxy Member Benefits contacts customers. We do not. We don't have a sales division, so we use 10-20 third-party marketing companies to contact customers and offer our membership on a trial basis.

The orders are sent to us, and we review every verification recording to make sure the customer was interested (if the customer sounds confused or too hesitant, we do not allow the order to process). I am aware this does not totally pass the blame, so we have had conference calls and training classes to explain the seriousness of misleading customers.

We are also considering developing our own sales division to have more control over how customers are being contacted. If we become aware of any marketing company misleading consumers, we immediately halt sales and investigate. We have terminated agreements with marketing companies that we believe were not representing us in a fashion we desired.

Previously, we were using a third-party mail house as well. They would provide us with shipping dates for all customers and we would calculate how long we allow the trial membership from that date, including time for the mail to be received. In any case we received something back in the mail, we would cancel the customers account without billing them. We found this method to be insufficient, so we supply our own fulfillment now. We send out every welcome letter from our office now, and verify addresses before sending them.

We have also updated our customer database, eliminating the chances of double billing and deleted cancellations. We do apologize for the inconvenience through our previous methods, and are more than willing to rectify any negative experiences. We have also extended our customer service hours, making it easier for customers to reach us. We are here from 9am-8pm Mon.-Fri., EST. at 1-800-974-7913.

Suzanne