Complaint Review: Galaxy Member Benefits

• Submitted: Thu, November 08, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 02, 2008

• Reported By:Holladay Tennessee
Galaxy Member Benefits
3438 E. Lake Rd., Suite 14, Post Mail Box 602 Palmharbor, Florida U.S.A.

Galaxy Member Benefits They called and said they were The Government Grant Co. & I won a $3,500 grant & withdrew $90 out of my bank account. Palmharbor Florida

*Consumer Comment: They did make it better

*UPDATE Employee: Let Us Make It Right

Galaxy called me on 8/31/07 and claimed to be The Government Grant Company. They said I won a $3,500 grant which would be deposited into my bank account and they went into great detail how the grant money was to be spent. They tricked me out of my bank account information and began withrawing money out of my account.

On 9/26/07 they withdrew $19.95. On October 11, $29.95 & $39.95. On October 26, they tried to withdraw $19.95 but I closed my account and put a stop payment on the $19.95. So in total they got me for $89.85 and I had to close my bank account because of them.

I was in constant contact with them by phone and email during the whole time they were withdrawing money. I cancelled the account by email 3 times but they refused to give me a confirmation number for the cancellation. I also cancelled by phone 3 times. I did not open an account in the first place.

They laughed at me when I asked them about the grant money. They are operating an illegal grant scam and I was stupid enough to fall for it.

Kathleen
Holladay, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2007 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Galaxy-Member-Benefits/Palmharbor-Florida-34685/Galaxy-Member-Benefits-They-called-and-said-they-were-The-Government-Grant-Co-I-won-a--283746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Galaxy Member Benefits

They did make it better

AUTHOR: Amber - (U.S.A.)

This lady called me and told me I was going to get a bunch of free stuff. Then I got this letter in the mail from Galaxy Member Benefits, so I tried to call and cancel it. The representative told me to log on and check it out because I was still in my trial, she gave me my log in name and password. I went on the website and actually really liked it. They ended up billing me 29.90, but gave me a free month after that, because I didn't know I was going to be billed at all. They said they don't make the calls themselves and have a lot of complaints about the people that offer their membership. Well, I do pay monthly for Galaxy, because I save more with the coupons that I can print off (its the Entertainment Book, the same one you can buy). I bought a MP4 player from their other website for a really good price. I was really mad at first, because the lady wasn't up front, but when I actually saw that I could save money I was happy and willing to pay monthly. Just my own experience, thought I would share.

Let Us Make It Right

AUTHOR: Suzy - (U.S.A.)

I am a customer service manager at Galaxy Member Benefits, and I am here to make our wrongs right. A common misconception throughout the complaints I have read is that Galaxy Member Benefits contacts customers. We do not. We don't have a sales division, so we use 10-20 third-party marketing companies to contact customers and offer our membership on a trial basis. The orders are sent to us, and we review every verification recording to make sure the customer was interested (if the customer sounds confused or too hesitant, we do not allow the order to process). I am aware this does not totally pass the blame, so we have had conference calls and training classes to explain the seriousness of misleading customers.

We are also considering developing our own sales division to have more control over how customers are being contacted. If we become aware of any marketing company misleading consumers, we immediately halt sales and investigate. We have terminated agreements with marketing companies that we believe were not representing us in a fashion we desired. Previously, we were using a third-party mail house as well. They would provide us with shipping dates for all customers and we would calculate how long we allow the trial membership from that date, including time for the mail to be received.

In any case we received something back in the mail, we would cancel the customers account without billing them. We found this method to be insufficient, so we supply our own fulfillment now. We send out every welcome letter from our office now, and verify addresses before sending them. We have also updated our customer database, eliminating the chances of double billing and deleted cancellations. We do apologize for the inconvenience through our previous methods, and are more than willing to rectify any negative experiences. We have also extended our customer service hours, making it easier for customers to reach us. We are here from 9am-8pm Mon.-Fri., EST. at 1-800-974-7913.

Suzanne