Complaint Review: Galaxy Member Benefits

• Updated: Mon, June 02, 2008

• Reported By:conway Arkansas
Galaxy Member Benefits
galaxymemberbenefits.com Internet U.S.A.

Galaxy Member Benefits Posing as a legitimate credit card co. with alternative options, which I declined. Then, never sending aforesaid credit card, debiting my account for "processing fees", and still enrolling me into this zylene and galaxy programs Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: how galaxy works

*UPDATE Employee: Also...

*UPDATE Employee: We have tried to help you, but you don't want it.

I had gotten behind on my mortgage, so I decided to pursue alternate(i.e. high interest rate) loan sources in order to catch up. One day, I received a call on my cell phone offering me a credit card MC/Visa for people with less than perfect credit ratings. After hearing the spill and agreeing to pay certain "processing" fees in order to get the card, I was advised to listen to a pre-recorded message. This message was basically a sales pitch for a product called Zylene and for a service called Galaxy Member Benefits.

After the message was through, the representative came back on the line and asked if I had any questions. I told him that I didn't concerning the credit card limit or interest rate, however, I wasn't at all interested in the Zylene or Galaxy promos. He then advised me that it was just something that he was required to pitch to people, but since I wasn't interested, he would notate not to include me on their list.

A few days passed and I was debited these so-called "processing fees". I never received a credit card (mc, visa, amex), however about a week later, I received a packet detailing my "galaxy member benefits" which I have no desire to belong to. The phone number that they provide turns you around in circles without ever talking to a rep. The web site only has a section for e-mailing complaints with nothing to indicate a legit service. I will probably have to close my bank account and hopefully buy some time with my mortgage co. because this entire ordeal has left me even shorter that I was before I sought help.

Matt
conway, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2008 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Galaxy-Member-Benefits/internet/Galaxy-Member-Benefits-Posing-as-a-legitimate-credit-card-co-with-alternative-options-wh-330684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Galaxy Member Benefits

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

how galaxy works

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

galaxy member benefits is a good honest company with great savings to consumers. galaxy is only advertised through different marketing rooms. just recently, some of the rooms have been offering grants to customers which has nothing to do with galaxy. so please if you are a customer and you get a phone call and are being offered a grant. hang up the phone right away. do not give your infomation out.

Also...

AUTHOR: Suzy - (U.S.A.)

Our website is www.galaxymemberbenefits.com (Mr. Clark sent us an email FROM the website email option, so he HAS been there)

We have tried to help you, but you don't want it.

AUTHOR: Suzy - (U.S.A.)

My name is Suzy T. I am a manager at Galaxy Member Benefts. We have an upsell at the end of sales calls. It is up to the consumer whether or not to accept or declne.

Suzy T