Complaint Review: Galaxy Member Benefits

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
Galaxy Member Benefits
galaxy member benefits.com Internet U.S.A.

Galaxy Member Benefits They called offering a Grant and a additional gift pack of discounts on shopping and gas. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Let Us Make It Right

*UPDATE Employee: A Misunderstanding

This company offered a free trial period and were supposed to send a welcome package to me. I never received anything and called to cancel.

The following month they debited my bank account again. I called to cancel again and they said "no problem".

This month they have charged my account again and I have inccured an overdraft fee as well.

I now know that I should never give out any personal information over the phone to any company.

Havasured
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2008 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Galaxy-Member-Benefits/internet/Galaxy-Member-Benefits-They-called-offering-a-Grant-and-a-additional-gift-pack-of-discount-303305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Galaxy Member Benefits

Let Us Make It Right

AUTHOR: Suzy - (U.S.A.)

I am a customer service manager at Galaxy Member Benefits, and I am here to make our wrongs right. A common misconception throughout the complaints I have read is that Galaxy Member Benefits contacts customers. We do not. We don't have a sales division, so we use 10-20 third-party marketing companies to contact customers and offer our membership on a trial basis.

We are also considering developing our own sales division to have more control over how customers are being contacted. If we become aware of any marketing company misleading consumers, we immediately halt sales and investigate. We have terminated agreements with marketing companies that we believe were not representing us in a fashion we desired.

Previously, we were using a third-party mail house as well. They would provide us with shipping dates for all customers and we would calculate how long we allow the trial membership from that date, including time for the mail to be received. In any case we received something back in the mail, we would cancel the customers account without billing them. We found this method to be insufficient, so we supply our own fulfillment now. We send out every welcome letter from our office now, and verify addresses before sending them.

Suzanne

A Misunderstanding

AUTHOR: Suzy - (U.S.A.)

I am a customer service manager at Galaxy Member Benefits, and I am here to make our wrongs right. A common misconception through the complaints I have read is that Galaxy Member Benefits contacts customers. We do not. We don't have a sales division, so we use 10-20 third-party marketing companies to contact customers and offer our membership on a trial basis. The orders are sent to us, and we review every verification recording to make sure the customer was interested (if the customer sounds confused or too hesitant, we do not allow the order to process). I am aware this does not totally pass the blame, so we have had conference calls and training classes to explain the seriousness of misleading customers.

We are also considering developing our own sales division to have more control over how customers are being contacted. Previously, we were using a third-party mail house as well. They would provide us with shipping dates for all customers and we would calculate how long we allow the trial membership from that date.

In any case we received something back in the mail, we would cancel the customers account without billing them. We found this method to be insufficient, so we supply our own fulfillment now. We send out every welcome letter from our office now, and verify addresses before sending them. We have also updated our customer database, eliminating the chances of double billing and deleted cancellations. We do apologize for the inconvenience through our previous methods, and are more than willing to rectify any negative experiences. We have also extended our customer service hours, making it easier for customers to reach us. We are here from 9am-8pm Mon.-Fri., EST. at 1-800-974-7913.

Suzanne