suggestions

• Submitted: Fri, December 07, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:Lithonia Georgia
Galaxy
3438 East Lake RD Palem Harbor, FL Nationwide U.S.A.

Galaxy Charge my account with out permission, using a tape that is not my voice Palm Harbor FL

*UPDATE Employee: Galaxy Member Benefits

Galaxy charged my account with my permission, stating that I would have to wait for the welcome letter. They refused to remove the charge that was a month ago. There is no link on the web site to remove or to cancel the membership. Therefore, a month later they charged my account again. Since I do not know where the welcome letter is now a month later I can not cancel the membership that I did not request. They changed their name from Galaxy to Interface GMB, next time they will change it to something else. My bank told me that I will need to cancel my account and open another account if I want these charges to stop.

Kelvin
Lithonia, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2007 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Galaxy/nationwide/Galaxy-Charge-my-account-with-out-permission-using-a-tape-that-is-not-my-voice-Palm-Harbo-289833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Galaxy

AUTHOR: Suzy - (U.S.A.)

I am a customer service manager at Galaxy Member Benefits, and I am here to make our wrongs right. A common misconception throughout the complaints I have read is that Galaxy Member Benefits contacts customers. We do not. We don't have a sales division, so we use 10-20 third-party marketing companies to contact customers and offer our membership on a trial basis. The orders are sent to us, and we review every verification recording to make sure the customer was interested (if the customer sounds confused or too hesitant, we do not allow the order to process). I am aware this does not totally pass the blame, so we have had conference calls and training classes to explain the seriousness of misleading customers. We are also considering developing our own sales division to have more control over how customers are being contacted. If we become aware of any marketing company misleading consumers, we immediately halt sales and investigate. We have terminated agreements with marketing companies that we believe were not representing us in a fashion we desired. Previously, we were using a third-party mail house as well. They would provide us with shipping dates for all customers and we would calculate how long we allow the trial membership from that date, including time for the mail to be received. In any case we received something back in the mail, we would cancel the customers account without billing them. We found this method to be insufficient, so we supply our own fulfillment now. We send out every welcome letter from our office now, and verify addresses before sending them. We have also updated our customer database, eliminating the chances of double billing and deleted cancellations. We do apologize for the inconvenience through our previous methods, and are more than willing to rectify any negative experiences. We have also extended our customer service hours, making it easier for customers to reach us. We are here from 9am-8pm Mon.-Fri., EST. at 1-800-974-7913.