Complaint Review: Gallagher Bassett, Landstar Disability Insurance

• Submitted: Thu, October 12, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 08, 2007

• Reported By:North Ridgeville Ohio
Gallagher Bassett, Landstar Disability Insurance
2301 Burlington St. Suite 240 Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

Gallagher Bassett, Landstar Disability Insurance Did Not Pay My Physical Therapy Ripoff Kansas City Missouri

*Author of original report: Gallagher Bassett Services

*Consumer Suggestion: Did You Contact the Missouri Insurance Commissioner?

I worked for Landstar Inway in 2005. The company offers Gallagher Bassett disability insurance. I took the policy. Big mistake. I should have found other insurance. I had a knee injury which required surgery and then physical therapy. My claims adjuster at Gallagher Bassett is Kim Fitch. She told me all my medical was covered. I went to one of Gallaghers suggested Doctor's for a 2nd opinion, that doctor ordered therapy, which I received. However Gallagher Bassett has only paid a small amount of therapy bill. I am now being billed for it.Gallagher Bassett did not honor my policy. The last email I had with Ms. Fitch, she said their decision stands and they are not paying the Physical Therapy Bill. This is over $6,000.

I have emailed Gallagher Bassett address for Landstar and it just gets passed around to Cindee Chamber, to Kim Fitch, to Ana Haynes. I am left holding the bag. My adivce , get your insurance elsewhere.

John
North Ridgeville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2006 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gallagher-Bassett-Landstar-Disability-Insurance/Kansas-City-Missouri-64116/Gallagher-Bassett-Landstar-Disability-Insurance-Did-Not-Pay-My-Physical-Therapy-Ripoff-Ka-215388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gallagher Bassett, Landstar Disability Insurance

Gallagher Bassett Services

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I have just been informed that Gallagher Bassett came to a settlement with the Therapy and have paid the bill.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Did You Contact the Missouri Insurance Commissioner?

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

If not, I suggest you do so now. You can find the office on the Internet. Good luck